+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refused based on family ties, purpose of visit and limited employment prospects.

Zakimaqsoodi

Dec 4, 2019
Hello, I applied for a study permit and have just received the refusal letter. The reasons are:
1. Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
2. Purpose of visit.
3. Limited employment prospects in country of residence.

I am from Afghanistan. I graduated high school in Dec 2015 and started my post-secondary in 2016 and only studied for two and a half years because of my country's poor education system. Since I had enough money to study at a more capable institution, I decided to study abroad. My brother also lives in Canada, so he suggested I study there. I then applied and secured a letter of admission for a January program from a Canadian institution. I applied for a study permit which was refused today due to the reasons provided above. I also paid the first semester tuition and set aside 10,000 CAD as prescribed on the CIC website. I also provided a study plan stating my future plans along with going back to my country at the end of my studies. I thought I provided everything they asked for.

Is there any way I can appeal or reapply to get a student permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I applied for a study permit and have just received the refusal letter. The reasons are:
2. Purpose of visit.

I am from Afghanistan. I graduated high school in Dec 2015 and started my post-secondary in 2016 and only studied for two and a half years because of my country's poor education system. Since I had enough money to study at a more capable institution, I decided to study abroad. My brother also lives in Canada, so he suggested I study there. I then applied and secured a letter of admission for a January program from a Canadian institution. I applied for a study permit which was refused today due to the reasons provided above. I also paid the first semester tuition and set aside 10,000 CAD as prescribed on the CIC website. I also provided a study plan stating my future plans along with going back to my country at the end of my studies. I thought I provided everything they asked for.

IRCC is concerned that you have plans to remain in Canada long term since your brother already lives here and because of the poor situation in your home country regarding jobs.

What evidence did you provide to show strong ties to your home country and to show that you will return home after you complete your studies?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
You ne
2. Purpose of visit.

you need show them you will return back to your own country after completing your studies the whole reason you stated why you want to study in canada is the exact thing they visa officers dotn want to hear

Zakimaqsoodi

Dec 4, 2019
IRCC is concerned that you have plans to remain in Canada long term since your brother already lives here and because of the poor situation in your home country regarding jobs.

What evidence did you provide to show strong ties to your home country and to show that you will return home after you complete your studies?
I provided a study plan stating that over the past 20 years, my home countey has grown to become an emerging marketplace, and the there are lots of vacancies for high-end jobs for educated workers. With a degree from Canada, I'll be able to work in the government sector since the requirement for a better and high-salary job is advanced skills with education and a valid degree. I also stated that I want to be a part of our economy. I also wrote that both my parents are elderly and I have two little sisters and after my studies are done, I plan on getting married in my home country and live with my family.

Zakimaqsoodi

Dec 4, 2019
You ne

you need show them you will return back to your own country after completing your studies the whole reason you stated why you want to study in canada is the exact thing they visa officers dotn want to hear
Truth be told, I am happy with where I am. I just want to study in Canada. And by the way, I cannot stand cold weather, and I chose Toronto of all places.

So where did I go wrong?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Truth be told, I am happy with where I am. I just want to study in Canada. And by the way, I cannot stand cold weather, and I chose Toronto of all places.

So where did I go wrong?
have gaps in your study right? After 2018 i think the reason you got rejection is because the Visa officer thought you weren't a bonafide student considerign you left your previous studies and didn't complete your education

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020

So where did I go wrong?
If you cannot stand cold weather, I think you will struggle here in winter time.

Zakimaqsoodi

Dec 4, 2019
have gaps in your study right? After 2018 i think the reason you got rejection is because the Visa officer thought you weren't a bonafide student considerign you left your previous studies and didn't complete your education
I graduated high school in dec 2015. Started college in 2016 till the date I applied to a Canadian institution.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
I graduated high school in dec 2015. Started college in 2016 till the date I applied to a Canadian institution.
So did you apply as a transfer student to the institution in canada? If not there is very low chance for visa

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
I dropped out of my college to apply to a canadian institution.
Thats fine but you must have applied to the related field in the canadian institution right? So what i am asking is did you apply as a transfer student or as a fresh applicant?

Zakimaqsoodi

Dec 4, 2019
Thats fine but you must have applied to the related field in the canadian institution right? So what i am asking is did you apply as a transfer student or as a fresh applicant?
I was studying Management Accounting and I applied as a fresh applicant in Canada in a Business - Finance program.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
I was studying Management Accounting and I applied as a fresh applicant in Canada in a Business - Finance program.
Did you explain in your SOP why you had to change your field?and how your previous study will help you in your current study back in your home country try answering these questions in your SOP and apply again inshallah you will get a positive result

Zakimaqsoodi

Dec 4, 2019
Did you explain in your SOP why you had to change your field?and how your previous study will help you in your current study back in your home country try answering these questions in your SOP and apply again inshallah you will get a positive result
Me changing my institution and studies are not the reason for refusal. It was my family ties in canada, my purpose of visit, and limited employment.
I covered everything i could on my study plan. But the refusal reasons are things I can't change for the time being.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Me changing my institution and studies are not the reason for refusal. It was my family ties in canada, my purpose of visit, and limited employment.
I covered everything i could on my study plan. But the refusal reasons are things I can't change for the time being.
Refusal letters aren't always clear maybe try ordering CAIP notes that will give you a clear idea of why was your application rejected