+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay
Thank you
Good luck. Pick at least a 2 year program. You don’t need to come to Canada to take a business program. Business programs can be completed online, and cannot justify the costs to expand your business. If your plan is PR, don’t count on it.

Sachi999

Jan 18, 2024
1. Funds are not sufficient. You need to pay first year tuition and show a minimum of $21k.
2. Family ties are not your siblings or father.
3. What are you ties to return? How are you justifying coming to Canada at 45 and taking a college program? What is the school/program? Does the program build your current career by showing how much more you will make if completing the program? If you are a fashion designer then why do you need to study in Canada?
Hey there Naturgrl! Doesn’t she have sufficient funds? She said she applied in december (before Jan 1) so her application is processed under the old policy (10,000 CAD above) right? Just curious on your thoughts on this thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey there Naturgrl! Doesn’t she have sufficient funds? She said she applied in december (before Jan 1) so her application is processed under the old policy (10,000 CAD above) right? Just curious on your thoughts on this thanks in advance!
The old policy was a minimum of $10k but IRCC would want to see much more. She showed $19k but that didn’t include tuition. She would not have been able to afford a year of study.

Sachi999

Jan 18, 2024
The old policy was a minimum of $10k but IRCC would want to see much more. She showed $19k but that didn’t include tuition. She would not have been able to afford a year of study.
Oh yeah thats true she didnt pay her tuition thanks for the explanation naturgrl!

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
Good luck. Pick at least a 2 year program. You don’t need to come to Canada to take a business program. Business programs can be completed online, and cannot justify the costs to expand your business. If your plan is PR, don’t count on it.

Hello
Please I need clarity on this. Instead of the one year program in College, what if I do a one year program in the university.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A master’s program? Yes, you will have a better chance. If not, what program builds on career and education to justify costs?

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
A master’s program? Yes, you will have a better chance. If not, what program builds on career and education to justify costs?
[

Thanks for your timely response.
Like I said earlier,I already have an acceptance letter from Fleming College Ontario for a one year course which I've already paid first semester tuition fee. But my study permit was refused, & considering the new law that will affect pgwp, I decided to reapply to a University for a one yearMBA program so that I can qualify for 3 years pgwp. Please I hope it won't be an issue with mystudy permit reapplication.
I'm planning on writing Fleming College for a refund of the tuition fee I paid.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What school are you doing MBA? What is your GMAT score? Don’t go to a private DLI. Assume you have a 4 year degree which would need for admittance. If you don’t have funds for a one year college program, then how will you afford a MBA. At 45, what is your plan? Your PGWP would expire when you are 50. At 50, PR is very difficult.

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
What school are you doing MBA? What is your GMAT score? Don’t go to a private DLI. Assume you have a 4 year degree which would need for admittance. If you don’t have funds for a one year college program, then how will you afford a MBA. At 45, what is your plan? Your PGWP would expire when you are 50. At 50, PR is very difficult.
Iokay, thank you
I'm currently applying.

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
So you have GMAT and a 4 year degree? What schools have you applied to since you are currently applying? A MBA doesn’t change reasons for refusals - funds.
Yes I have a four year degree and also an MBA in Human resource management.
No I don't have GMAT