+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
I applied for study permit in December 2023 and was refused on the 27th Feb 2024.
They said I don't have family & and not enough proof of funds.
Please I need advice.
I want to reapply.
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for study permit in December 2023 and was refused on the 27th Feb 2024.
They said I don't have family & and not enough proof of funds.
Please I need advice.
I want to reapply.
Thank you
You need to provide your full profile

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
I am a 45 year old single female without children. My family ties is my siblings and my aged father and my proof of fund is about $19,000. Source of funds is from my business.
I am a fashion designer and I sew ready to wear cloths and sell to clients abroad through my sister

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a 45 year old single female without children. My family ties is my siblings and my aged father and my proof of fund is about $19,000. Source of funds is from my business.
I am a fashion designer and I sew ready to wear cloths and sell to clients abroad through my sister
Your funds are insufficient.

What program are you planning to attend in Canada?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Funds are not sufficient. You need to pay first year tuition and show a minimum of $21k.
2. Family ties are not your siblings or father.
3. What are you ties to return? How are you justifying coming to Canada at 45 and taking a college program? What is the school/program? Does the program build your current career by showing how much more you will make if completing the program? If you are a fashion designer then why do you need to study in Canada?

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
Hi
MY program is international business management.
The program will help me have more insight on how to manage my business on a global scale and also I will be able to connect with people from different countries and learn one or two things from how they run their business. And the program is a one year program and I've paid 1st semester tuition fee

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
1. Funds are not sufficient. You need to pay first year tuition and show a minimum of $21k.
2. Family ties are not your siblings or father.
3. What are you ties to return? How are you justifying coming to Canada at 45 and taking a college program? What is the school/program? Does the program build your current career by showing how much more you will make if completing the program? If you are a fashion designer then why do you need to study in Canada?

I also want to ask if my sister can partly sponsor me with my $19,400.
She is a registered Nurse in USA.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
MY program is international business management.
The program will help me have more insight on how to manage my business on a global scale and also I will be able to connect with people from different countries and learn one or two things from how they run their business. And the program is a one year program and I've paid 1st semester tuition fee
At this point you cannot reapply without an attestation letter. The rules have recently changed so you will need to get that first. The funds should be yours since you are an adult and IRCC will expect you can independently fund your education in Canada. You should not used your sister's funds. What ties to your home country can you show? Your family is not considered as a tie. Also, I think you will need to write a stronger letter to explain why you want to spend so much money to come all the way to Canada for a one year program. iRCC likely thinks your primary purpose is to try to immigrate to Canada and that you're not a genuine student. For the record, IBM programs are pretty useless from an education perspective.

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
At this point you cannot reapply without an attestation letter. The rules have recently changed so you will need to get that first. The funds should be yours since you are an adult and IRCC will expect you can independently fund your education in Canada. You should not used your sister's funds. What ties to your home country can you show? Your family is not considered as a tie. Also, I think you will need to write a stronger letter to explain why you want to spend so much money to come all the way to Canada for a one year program. iRCC likely thinks your primary purpose is to try to immigrate to Canada and that you're not a genuine student. For the record, IBM programs are pretty useless from an education perspective.

OH Wow,
Can the program be changed.
Also I don't have any other family ties as I'm not married and I don't have kids.
What do you suggest please I need help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OH Wow,
Can the program be changed.
Also I don't have any other family ties as I'm not married and I don't have kids.
What do you suggest please I need help
What is your actual purpose for coming to Canada? Is it to eventually immigrate? If so, then before you spend so much money to come here, you should research if you will qualify and have enough points to be selected before coming here. Also, just a one year program will only get you a one year work permit which means your chances of PR will be extremely low, especially given your age.

What are you trying to achieve by coming here to study?

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
What is your actual purpose for coming to Canada? Is it to eventually immigrate? If so, then before you spend so much money to come here, you should research if you will qualify and have enough points to be selected before coming here. Also, just a one year program will only get you a one year work permit which means your chances of PR will be extremely low, especially given your age.

What are you trying to achieve by coming here to study?
I'm planning on getting another admission when I get there in order to be able to complete a 2year program and get 3years work permit so that I will be able to apply for PR

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm planning on getting another admission when I get there in order to be able to complete a 2year program and get 3years work permit so that I will be able to apply for PR
This will by no means guarantee PR. Just be aware of that. Your age will make it quite a bit more difficult to get PR.

Ultimately it doesn't really make sense for you to be coming all the way to Canada for an IBM program and this is IRCC's concern. They have probably correctly guessed that your primary objective is to immigrate and you aren't a genuine student. I think you need to reconsider your program choice. Your funds are low. Suggest you save more before reapplying.

Please research the recent rules changes to study permits so that you understand how they will apply to your new application. This includes the length of the PGWP.

LIFTED

Feb 29, 2024
This will by no means guarantee PR. Just be aware of that. Your age will make it quite a bit more difficult to get PR.

Ultimately it doesn't really make sense for you to be coming all the way to Canada for an IBM program and this is IRCC's concern. They have probably correctly guessed that your primary objective is to immigrate and you aren't a genuine student. I think you need to reconsider your program choice. Your funds are low. Suggest you save more before reapplying.

Please research the recent rules changes to study permits so that you understand how they will apply to your new application. This includes the length of the PGWP.
Okay Thank you.
Which means I will have to request for a refund from the College
Also which program is good for an international student to apply for in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay Thank you.
Which means I will have to request for a refund from the College
Also which program is good for an international student to apply for in Canada.
At 45 you should have a good idea of why you must come to Canada to study.. You need to figure out what program builds on your current career and expands on your education. You need to justify the costs.