+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT REFUSAL

moraraalain

Aug 8, 2018
no sorry i didnt could you please help me with a sample of the study plan
Study plan
Please submit a one page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:

• Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
  • What is your overall educational goal?
  • Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?
  • What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship?
  • How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship?
  • What ties do you have to your country of residence/citizenship?
  • In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’/guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence?
  • Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification/degree/certificate awarded for the course

moraraalain

Aug 8, 2018
Then concerning funds and assets you need to show bank statement with funds equal to at least one year of ur program but to be on the safer side present a bank statement showing enough funds to complete your studies and that will take care of you there proven to them that you will not become a burden to the Canadian government. Then you have to show landed properties in your name or willed to u and other things like ur employment prospects which need documents too.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
thanks men but the problem is applying caips notes in my country takes alot of time and also its 45cad which as i hear does give the interpretation. please what is your best advice on the purpose of visit . can you give me a range of suggestion which i can use to justify the purpose of visit thanks
Why 45 cad. Just go for caipsgcms.com. Much cheaper please they are authentic and are in Canada

choubisahit

Jun 1, 2018
HELLO GUYS.
PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE. I NEED HELP ON HOW TO APPROACH THIS PROBLEM BEFORE I REAPPLY FOR MY STUDY PERMIT.
I am a sports teacher from cameroon working for the public service and i got accepted at bishops University to study sports.i applied for my visa on the 10 of july 2018 and was rejected on the 3rd of August.The reason being
I am not satisfied you will leave canada based on :
- Purpose of Visit
-Personal Asset and Finanacial Status

My father is my sponsor i provided all his bank statements and personal assets but it i did not no that i was suppose to provide my own financial situtation that i will rectify when reapply . My problem now i dont know how to justifiy the purpose of visit since i already showed them my scholarship letter and proof of school fee payment. Please i will appreciate help from anyone out there. I intend to reapply very soon against my next entry session in 2019.
Maybe trying adding an SOP wherein you mention clearly your motivation as to why you chose this college, why Canada, how exactly will degree help you, etc. may enable you to overcome the 'Purpose of Visit' point.

leonardasobo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Then concerning funds and assets you need to show bank statement with funds equal to at least one year of ur program but to be on the safer side present a bank statement showing enough funds to complete your studies and that will take care of you there proven to them that you will not become a burden to the Canadian government. Then you have to show landed properties in your name or willed to u and other things like ur employment prospects which need documents too.
i previously mentioned i am sports teacher working for the government public service.my dad is sponsoring me but i didnt provide my own bank statements so what do u think i can do.should i provide my banks statement and show so assets if so how much.i have already register for first semeter course 1700cad and the school had given me a 5000cad scholarship

leonardasobo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
here is the sop i submitted guys pls take a look and tell me my flaws please

APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT
Respected Sir/Madam,
I Tang Leonard Asobo has Completed High school from Progressive Comprehensive
High School Bamenda with the General Certificate of Education Ordinary level and
Advanced level and also graduated from the National Institute of Youths and Sports with
Higher National Diploma (HND) in sports. Following this, I have been working for the
Ministry of Sports and Physical Education (MINSPE) as a secondary school sports teacher
for 4 years. As a teacher, I am kindled with an ambition of higher education that will give a
desired push to my aspiration as professional coach. With a strong will to pursue my further
studies in Canada, I strongly believe I am prepared because of the following reasons;
I was brought up in a well-disciplined and Christian family and this helped me to
maintain a consistent excellent academic, moral and extracurricular record. I captained the
football school teams both in high school and Professional school. I have won the Gold medal
twice for best outstanding performance at the National FENASCO sports competition from
2010 to 2014 and was also awarded the best teacher of the year in 2016-2017 at Tassah
Secondary Academy where I currently teach.
I grew up in a neighborhood where football had a major impact in our community.
Throughout my life, I have been a keen sportsman. Playing football both in school and in club
competitions. My passion for coaching began when I joined my high school football team as
captain at 16 years old. My dedication, loyalty, leadership and team spirit which I
demonstrated inspired me to become a professional football coach. Also, I have seen how great
men like Sir Alex Ferguson change people’s life’s through football coaching and I will be
delighted if I am able to do the same mostly to young football talented Cameroonians that are
unable to excel in sports. Following this, I believe it is time for me to further deepen and refine
my expertise through football coaching course which has led to me take admission in one of the
top Universities in Canada.
PURPOSE OF VISIT
I have been offered admission with 5000 CAD Scholarship for 4 years sports study
program at Bishops University Quebec, Canada which is currently the first institution for
student’s satisfaction in Canada. The Sports program which I intend to do at Bishops University
will cover courses which were not offered when I was in professional school. Some of these
courses are : The theory of coaching, Advanced Exercise Science, Cognition and motivation
in sports, statistical analysis for business decisions ,physical and mental health and so much
more which I could not acquire at my previous school.
Furthermore, we live in a society where almost everything is done with the use of
technology. The application of latest technologies in sports such as the sensor pad, radio chip and
the Hawk eye is of major of importance for an aspiring professional coach. I want to be part of
the current and future changes that are coming. When I see what we are able to do now with
technology that we couldn’t even tend to do 20 years ago, goal line tech, work rate evaluation,
action analysis, real time simulations, limitless ways to help a football team achieve its
objectives which I think all of these is all about .As a sportsman, I ascertain to the fact that my
country is far from embracing this improvements not because of financial limitations but
unskilled workers as technology in sports is concerned. I believe studying sports at Bishops
University will put me at the cutting edge and spotlight of these facilities and with the
knowledge acquired, I will be able contribute positively to this factor in my country.
WHY CANADA?
I short-listed two colleges, one in Canada and the other in Australia. After consulting with
my parents (father), sibling’s seniors and deep research from the internet, I am strongly
convinced that Canada is a better option as it has developed a first-rate education system with
high standards and global recognition.
Canadian culture is more diverse and vibrant. It is considered peaceful, safe and orderly
country. Being a country of immigrants from all over the World, different perspectives are
respected and learning together is encouraged. Tuition fees and living expenses are also in favour
of Canada when compared to other countries with equally good education system like the United
States of America.
WHY BISHOPS UNIVERSITY?
I have come to learn that Bishops University is one of largest, most diversified and highly
respected University in Canada. Bishops University is well known for its outstanding annual
award by MacLean’s Magazine as Best University of student’s satisfaction. The University
provides excellent facilities and opportunities which is ideal for me in pursuing my career as a
coach, since it provides a unique mix of educational advantages. This program brings together
participants from all over the world, so I would be in contact with diverse cultures and I would
also develop an international network. It would be very rewarding to share and exchange
thoughts and ideas with a group of people who are from different nationalities, cultural
orientations and schools of thought on one platform.
FUTURE PLANS AFTER STUDIES
I am currently a government teacher on a study leave with pay . To maintain my
employment status, I am required by the government to come back home after studies with
certificates achieved so as to be considered for pension, change of category and promotion into
Cameroon Football Federation (FECAFOOT). Also, I have been guaranteed a job position as
interim coach for the Cameroon Junior National team when I return from studies. My
objective is to acquire valuable skills so as to increase the professional values of football
environment in my country by encouraging active task performance, challenging and
constructive team participation in the realization of organizational goals .After being a part of
Bishops University I strongly believe, I would grow into a Professional and an outstanding
graduate. I am also my late mother’s next of Kin by tradition and I must come back home to
fulfill my traditional rights.
PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCES
My sponsor (student’s Father) has paid my enrollment deposit and is showing sufficient
funds and personal assets (Land certificate and Tenancy agreement documents) to meet the
University’s Tuition fee, travelling expenses and my living cost during my stay in Canada. I
have enclosed all required documents with my application.
Please I will be delighted if my request is considered positively and as early as possible, so
that I would meet my course in time and one more please find the necessary documents attached
with this application.
Thanks
Yours Truly,
TANG LEONARD ASOBO

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Did you show enough money in liquid form such as bank statements that is enough to cover tuition + 10-15000 for first year? Fixed assets don't have a much weight. Also what supporting documents did your sponsor show? Look closely at the requirements for sponsors for your visa office.

moraraalain

Aug 8, 2018
here is the sop i submitted guys pls take a look and tell me my flaws please

APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT
Respected Sir/Madam,
I Tang Leonard Asobo has Completed High school from Progressive Comprehensive
High School Bamenda with the General Certificate of Education Ordinary level and
Advanced level and also graduated from the National Institute of Youths and Sports with
Higher National Diploma (HND) in sports. Following this, I have been working for the
Ministry of Sports and Physical Education (MINSPE) as a secondary school sports teacher
for 4 years. As a teacher, I am kindled with an ambition of higher education that will give a
desired push to my aspiration as professional coach. With a strong will to pursue my further
studies in Canada, I strongly believe I am prepared because of the following reasons;
I was brought up in a well-disciplined and Christian family and this helped me to
maintain a consistent excellent academic, moral and extracurricular record. I captained the
football school teams both in high school and Professional school. I have won the Gold medal
twice for best outstanding performance at the National FENASCO sports competition from
2010 to 2014 and was also awarded the best teacher of the year in 2016-2017 at Tassah
Secondary Academy where I currently teach.
I grew up in a neighborhood where football had a major impact in our community.
Throughout my life, I have been a keen sportsman. Playing football both in school and in club
competitions. My passion for coaching began when I joined my high school football team as
captain at 16 years old. My dedication, loyalty, leadership and team spirit which I
demonstrated inspired me to become a professional football coach. Also, I have seen how great
men like Sir Alex Ferguson change people’s life’s through football coaching and I will be
delighted if I am able to do the same mostly to young football talented Cameroonians that are
unable to excel in sports. Following this, I believe it is time for me to further deepen and refine
my expertise through football coaching course which has led to me take admission in one of the
top Universities in Canada.
PURPOSE OF VISIT
I have been offered admission with 5000 CAD Scholarship for 4 years sports study
program at Bishops University Quebec, Canada which is currently the first institution for
student’s satisfaction in Canada. The Sports program which I intend to do at Bishops University
will cover courses which were not offered when I was in professional school. Some of these
courses are : The theory of coaching, Advanced Exercise Science, Cognition and motivation
in sports, statistical analysis for business decisions ,physical and mental health and so much
more which I could not acquire at my previous school.
Furthermore, we live in a society where almost everything is done with the use of
technology. The application of latest technologies in sports such as the sensor pad, radio chip and
the Hawk eye is of major of importance for an aspiring professional coach. I want to be part of
the current and future changes that are coming. When I see what we are able to do now with
technology that we couldn’t even tend to do 20 years ago, goal line tech, work rate evaluation,
action analysis, real time simulations, limitless ways to help a football team achieve its
objectives which I think all of these is all about .As a sportsman, I ascertain to the fact that my
country is far from embracing this improvements not because of financial limitations but
unskilled workers as technology in sports is concerned. I believe studying sports at Bishops
University will put me at the cutting edge and spotlight of these facilities and with the
knowledge acquired, I will be able contribute positively to this factor in my country.
WHY CANADA?
I short-listed two colleges, one in Canada and the other in Australia. After consulting with
my parents (father), sibling’s seniors and deep research from the internet, I am strongly
convinced that Canada is a better option as it has developed a first-rate education system with
high standards and global recognition.
Canadian culture is more diverse and vibrant. It is considered peaceful, safe and orderly
country. Being a country of immigrants from all over the World, different perspectives are
respected and learning together is encouraged. Tuition fees and living expenses are also in favour
of Canada when compared to other countries with equally good education system like the United
States of America.
WHY BISHOPS UNIVERSITY?
I have come to learn that Bishops University is one of largest, most diversified and highly
respected University in Canada. Bishops University is well known for its outstanding annual
award by MacLean’s Magazine as Best University of student’s satisfaction. The University
provides excellent facilities and opportunities which is ideal for me in pursuing my career as a
coach, since it provides a unique mix of educational advantages. This program brings together
participants from all over the world, so I would be in contact with diverse cultures and I would
also develop an international network. It would be very rewarding to share and exchange
thoughts and ideas with a group of people who are from different nationalities, cultural
orientations and schools of thought on one platform.
FUTURE PLANS AFTER STUDIES
I am currently a government teacher on a study leave with pay . To maintain my
employment status, I am required by the government to come back home after studies with
certificates achieved so as to be considered for pension, change of category and promotion into
Cameroon Football Federation (FECAFOOT). Also, I have been guaranteed a job position as
interim coach for the Cameroon Junior National team when I return from studies. My
objective is to acquire valuable skills so as to increase the professional values of football
environment in my country by encouraging active task performance, challenging and
constructive team participation in the realization of organizational goals .After being a part of
Bishops University I strongly believe, I would grow into a Professional and an outstanding
graduate. I am also my late mother’s next of Kin by tradition and I must come back home to
fulfill my traditional rights.
PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCES
My sponsor (student’s Father) has paid my enrollment deposit and is showing sufficient
funds and personal assets (Land certificate and Tenancy agreement documents) to meet the
University’s Tuition fee, travelling expenses and my living cost during my stay in Canada. I
have enclosed all required documents with my application.
Please I will be delighted if my request is considered positively and as early as possible, so
that I would meet my course in time and one more please find the necessary documents attached
with this application.
Thanks
Yours Truly,
TANG LEONARD ASOBO
Study plan is not written like a letter.Give answers to the questions I sent to you and that will be the format of your study plan or google samples of study plans and follow the same format

moraraalain

Aug 8, 2018
Application For A Study Permit – Checklist
Complete and place this checklist on top of your application.

Consult our website for forms and instructions, including a list of countries whose nationals require a temporary resident visa:www.uae.gc.ca.

Any document not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

Failure to submit all required documentation may result in the refusal of your application or processing delays.

Do not send your application before receiving your letter of acceptance from a Canadian school.

Do not undergo a medical exam until advised by the Visa Section.

Number of people travelling to Canada (principal applicant + accompanying family members):

In addition to a study permit, are you submitting applications for the following?
Number
required:
Spouse/common law partner
Open work permit - complete an application for a work permit Number required:
Temporary resident visa(if not applying for an open work permit) - no separate application form is required Number required:
Minor Children Open study permit - for accompanying children aged 6-18 years old - no separate application form is required Number required:
Temporary resident visa(if a study permit is not re quired) - no separate application form is required Number required:
Dependent over 18 Study permitfor accompanying dependents aged 18-22– complete an application for a study permit which must include a letter of acceptance from a college or university in Canada Number required:
Temporary resident visa(if a study permit is not required) – complete an application for a temporary resident visa Number required:

You must submit the following items:
Application form [IMM 1294E (PDF)], fully completed, dated and signed. Answer every question. If not applicable, write N/A.
Family Information [IMM 5645](PDF)
• This form must be completed by each person, regardless of age, applying for a Temporary Resident Visa, a
study or work permit outside Canada
• Answer every question. If not applicable, write N/A.
Schedule 1 – Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM5257 –
Schedule 1](PDF)

• You must complete this form if you have answered “Yes” to any of questions 3 to 7 under Background
Information of the Application For Temporary Residence Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257).
• You may be required to complete this form upon request of a visa officer.
Two passport photographs for each applicant. Signed, dated and taken in the past six (6) months. Write the name and birth date of the individual on the back.
Processing fee - Ensure that you have paid the correct processing fee.
Valid passport from each person requiring a temporary resident visa. Your passport should be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of travel to Canada.

Include all cancelled or expired passports , if applicable.

If you do not reside in your country of citizenship, please provide your work permit/temporary stay permit.

NOTE: If you do not wish to submit your original passport for the duration of the processing of your application,
you must provide a photocopy of the complete pages of your passport.
Self-addressed pre-paid ARAMEX airway bill OR a self-addressed C4 or C5 envelope if you are applying by courier or wish to avoid queuing at the Embassy for passport pick-up.
All Canadian visa applicants applying through our office will receive specially negotiated rates from Aramex for the return of passports by courier. For additional guidelines and for complete information on applicable courier charges.
When submitting a self-addressed pre-paid Aramex airway bill or a self-addressed C4 or C5 envelope, you must ensure that you clearly write the following:
• Your complete name
• Your complete physical address (NO P.O. BOX)
• Your phone number (country code + area code + phone number)
• Alternative contact information (country code + area code + phone number), if applicable.
Original and a photocopy of the Letter of acceptance from your educational institution in Canada, even if you are intending to study for a period less than six (6) months.

The letter should clearly state the program title, the length of the program and the commencement date or deadline date for registration.
If your acceptance is conditional you must show you can meet the conditions.
Proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses for at least one year in Canada. In addition to the cost of tuition, you should have at least CAD $10,000 available to cover your living expenses; an additional minimum requirement of CAD $4,000 must be added if a spouse or partner is accompanying the student, as well as CAD $3,000 per accompanying child or other accompanying dependent. Please submit:
  • Supporting documents demonstrating a reliable source of funds convertible to Canadian dollars (letter of undertaking and financial documents from parent or sponsor, official letter of scholarship or financial award, investments, income from rental properties, bank statements covering several months, etc.);
  • if your tuition has already been paid, please provide proof of payment.
Academic Documents
• A copy of your most recent diploma / leaving certificate, and most recent mark sheets.
Copies of Birth Certificates for minor children/Marriage Certificate/ Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM5409] as applicable.
If applicable, you must also submit:
Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec (CAQ) if you will be studying in Quebec.
Custodianship documents are required for students who are under the age of majority in Canada. The age of majority is 18 in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan. The age of majority is 19 in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
If a minor is travelling with only one parent, custody documents or notarised permission from the other parent i s required.
If you or any accompanying family member has a criminal conviction, you must submit an original police certificateand a personal explanation of events leading to the conviction(s)
If you are under 18 and travelling alone, you must present anotarized travel authorization from your parents or guardian.
If someone is assisting you in completing your application or you would like someone to do business with our office on your behalf, completed Use of a Representative [IMM5476](PDF).
Authorization letter for a third party to pick up your passport.
Study plan
Please submit a one page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:

• Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
  • What is your overall educational goal?
  • Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?
  • What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship?
  • How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship?
  • What ties do you have to your country of residence/citizenship?
  • In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’/guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence?
  • Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification/degree/certificate awarded for the course

Reactions: FMAS

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Hi seniors,
Need help regarding my study visa. I had applied for study visa from India this month and after 13 days I got refusal with below-stating reasons:
Please advice

Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi seniors,
Need help regarding my study visa. I had applied for study visa from India this month and after 13 days I got refusal with below-stating reasons:
Please advice

Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
Did you attach all backlog marksheets, if you had any. Also, do you have any 5.5 in IELTS?