+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit + OWP for Spouse (Educated Opinion Please)

Crypticlancer

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Hi

I recently got admitted to TRU for an MBA program. i now want to apply for my study permit. My spouse will apply for TRV with OWP. What are our chances of both getting the visas?

History:

I have completed my bachelors from Mumbai, India (NM college for those who know). I currently work with a bank (3 years total)
My husband is a masters degree holder from USA. He has lived in the US for 3 years and left the country after his studies. He has a very good job here and makes about CDN $ 8000 per month. We can show his employment letter and bank statements.
We have already paid CDN $ 12000 for my tuition which we can prove
We can show a bank balance of about CDN $ 60000 (last 6 months)at the time of application
We have a good travel history (europe, hong kong etc..) My husband has also travelled to UK, Ireland, before we got married
We are also holders of 10 multiple entry visit visa to the US (issued last year)

Based on the above, what are our chances to get our respective visas? Should we apply together (Sp for me and trv for him) or should he apply after i get my SP?
What are the chances of us both getting the visas in either scenarios?

Kindly advise

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
I am surprised why does ur husband want to quit such a good job and struggle in canada? If ur expecting him to find a job with similar pay is canada ur mistaken......he will have to struggle to find a job in canada without canadian experience or canadian education. If ur intentions is not to immigrate to canada after studies then ur husband should keep his job.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Crypticlancer said:
Hi

I recently got admitted to TRU for an MBA program. i now want to apply for my study permit. My spouse will apply for TRV with OWP. What are our chances of both getting the visas?

History:

I have completed my bachelors from Mumbai, India (NM college for those who know). I currently work with a bank (3 years total)
My husband is a masters degree holder from USA. He has lived in the US for 3 years and left the country after his studies. He has a very good job here and makes about CDN $ 8000 per month. We can show his employment letter and bank statements.
We have already paid CDN $ 12000 for my tuition which we can prove
We can show a bank balance of about CDN $ 60000 (last 6 months)at the time of application
We have a good travel history (europe, hong kong etc..) My husband has also travelled to UK, Ireland, before we got married
We are also holders of 10 multiple entry visit visa to the US (issued last year)

Based on the above, what are our chances to get our respective visas? Should we apply together (Sp for me and trv for him) or should he apply after i get my SP?
What are the chances of us both getting the visas in either scenarios?

Kindly advise
Except a rare case your husband won't be able to make that much money in Canada (You said he is making equal to $8000 per month in India). Even if he is working as V.P or high level position he wont get accepted in Canadian Industry without relevant Canadian experience. It is advisable for him to join some MNC in India like infosys, TCS, Accenture etc to get off-shore and overseas experience.

I would say if you are making this much in India, you are an Idiot to even think of immigrating to Canada, you dont have any idea how taxation and health cost more than 50% of your earnings. Whereas in India you don't worry about Insurance premiums, house tax and Income tax.

Just for your reference.
House tax for 3bedroom detached house in GTA are is $4500 per year.
Income tax for anyone making more than 60k per year is 45%
Health Insurance is average $500 per year
GST/HST (Sales tax on every item you buy) is 13% on MRP.
Car Insurance is average $350 per month (would be $450 for new drivers like you)
In short you will not be able to match your lifestyle and end up in frustration or even depression. Enjoy your married life in India don't waste time unless you want to struggle and make way from your next generations to enjoy.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jitu1011 said:
Just for your reference.
If you want to provide a relevant reference for the OP, consider using examples from the other 99% of the country, not just the Greater Toronto Area, especially since OP has stated she has admission to TRU, which is located in BC.

Those estimated costs you listed differ A LOT depending on location within Canada.

Crypticlancer

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Thanks all for the responses. We don't live in India. And he just wants to have the option of having a work permit in Canada. Its not planned that he will leave his current job. He works for a firm that is one of the top 10 employers in Canada. So just thought of having an option just in case

However will we both get the respective visas without any issues?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Crypticlancer said:
However will we both get the respective visas without any issues?
No one except the visa officer that processes your file can answer that.

Your chances are good.