+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

Austin_williams

Sep 18, 2020
Biometric Validation Letter. Yes this morning and received passport request 5 hours later
Yea this is very good news. I got my Correspondence letter today noon and this is good news because you got the same thing too. Did you get the AIP before ? And now BVL and OPR?

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Congratulations to those of you who got your OPR. I hope the people who are still waiting for them will get them soon.

Just a friendly tip on sending your passport from the U.S. Now, you have to e-mail VFS Global to buy the two way envelopes. Refer to this link for more information https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/how_to_apply.html Click on the "submit passport and other documents" tab for further instruction.

If you don't want to use money order, you can state in your email to VFS that you would like to pay for the package transmission fee online. They will send you a link for you to pay. For me, it took them 2 days to respond to my request to buy the envelope and another two days to send me the labels via email. It probably will still take a day or two for my passport to actually reach the Canadian consulate general. Therefore, I recommend contacting VFS to buy the envelope as soon as you get your OPR to avoid any delays. We have been waiting for a long time.

I just sent out my passport today. I will keep you updated on how it goes. Good luck to you all.

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Congratulations to those of you who got your OPR. I hope the people who are still waiting for them will get them soon.

Just a friendly tip on sending your passport from the U.S. Now, you have to e-mail VFS Global to buy the two way envelopes. Refer to this link for more information https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/how_to_apply.html Click on the "submit passport and other documents" tab for further instruction.

If you don't want to use money order, you can state in your email to VFS that you would like to pay for the package transmission fee online. They will send you a link for you to pay. For me, it took them 2 days to respond to my request to buy the envelope and another two days to send me the labels via email. It probably will still take a day or two for my passport to actually reach the Canadian consulate general. Therefore, I recommend contacting VFS to buy the envelope as soon as you get your OPR to avoid any delays. We have been waiting for a long time.

I just sent out my passport today. I will keep you updated on how it goes. Good luck to you all.
Sounds good, did you send it to New York or Los Angeles?

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020

Thank you so much for your helpful advice.

Reactions: Ln_
May 20, 2020
Hi everyone, I just got my OPR today! Long long time and it's finally here! I do have a question regarding, do I send my passport to any office of my choice or do Is there a specified office I should send it to? Thanks!