+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

ædam92

Aug 11, 2020
Hi everyone, applied 13 mai, still did not hear anything, but Can anyone explain to me please what is a correspondence letter ?

Last edited:

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Hi everyone, applied 13 mai and but I still did not hear anything, but Can anyone explain to me please what is a correspondence letter ? Is it the letter that you get when you complete taking the biometrics ?
U got correspondence letter?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I did not get or hear anything since I applied but I’m asking what is a correspondence letter ?
If you have a biometrics before, then the next step is they will start to review your eligibility. If it is the first time you give biometrics fingerprint, correspondence letter will be sent to you. It is like showing your validity of fingerprint and notify you that they have already looked at your application & background check. Though in any case you need to have them start to review your eligibility (this will be notified after getting correspondence letter).

Reactions: tanxa and ædam92

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
If you have a biometrics before, then the next step is they will start to review your eligibility. If it is the first time you give biometrics fingerprint, correspondence letter will be sent to you. It is like showing your validity of fingerprint and notify you that they have already looked at your application & background check. Though in any case you need to have them start to review your eligibility (this will be notified after getting correspondence letter).
But my review started already and I had not received correspondence letter

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
But my review started already and I had not received correspondence letter
I remember you gave biometrics fingerprint before on 14th July right? I am uncertain why you do not get correspondence letter after getting the biometrics (perhaps they have not checked your background yet). Check this link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-long-after-receiving-the-correspondence-letter-for-biometrics-do-you-receive-an-answer.623240/page-43. Usually people get the correspondence letter after biometrics.

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
I remember you gave biometrics fingerprint before on 14th July right? I am uncertain why you do not get correspondence letter after getting the biometrics (perhaps they have not checked your background yet). Check this link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-long-after-receiving-the-correspondence-letter-for-biometrics-do-you-receive-an-answer.623240/page-43. Usually people get the correspondence letter after biometrics.
My account shows we are processing ur background check

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
My account shows we are processing ur background check
I think just patiently wait for couples of days to see. If it is ur first time giving the fingerprint biometrics, then u should get that letter. They need to indicate the validity date for ur biometrics.

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
I think just patiently wait for couples of days to see. If it is ur first time giving the fingerprint biometrics, then u should get that letter. They need to indicate the validity date for ur biometrics.
Yes that is my first time to give biometric. But since I already got rejected twice for study permit and this is my third time applying for study permit. Do u think that is the reason I need to wait for a long time to process? My agent told me that visa officer has to review my previous two rejected cases first and see what are the reasons I got rejected and return back to current one?

Reactions: phuongdong

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Yes that is my first time to give biometric. But since I already got rejected twice for study permit and this is my third time applying for study permit. Do u think that is the reason I need to wait for a long time to process? My agent told me that visa officer has to review my previous two rejected cases first and see what are the reasons I got rejected and return back to current one?
yeah the agent is right. If the applications submitted within 5 years, then ircc will have to look at the previous ones.