I didn't receive AIP.

Hani.soltani

Jul 21, 2020
I just got my study permit Approval. This is my timeline:

March 25: sent an online application to the Los Angeles office
April 1: received biometric validity letter
August 22: Received approval in principle
November 25: Received passport request

I hope that others get their approval sooner.

mostafa_

Nov 3, 2020
I received an update today.

Got my correspondence letter and eligibility review started.

Applied on 29th Sept.
Biometrics Done on 20th Oct.

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Just to give you all an update. I was granted entry into Canada today. Now I have officially received my study permit. See below for my entire timeline and documents I presented.

________Timeline____________
Mar.28.2020 Submitted Study Permit application
Jul.13.2020 Submitted Biometrics at ASC (operated by USCIS)
Jul.14.2020 Review of eligibility started
OCT.27.2020 Received correspondence letter and OPR. OPR came in 1 minute after correspondence letter.
OCT.27.2020 Contacted VFS about shipping labels
OCT.29.2020 Received payment link for labels and service fees. Sent payment confirmation back on the same day.
NOV.2.2020 Received labels from VFS in the late afternoon. Dropped off passport and documents out on the same day at FedEx location.
NOV.4.2020 Passport reached VAC
NOV.5.2020 Passport dispatched to IRCC for processing and came back to VAC on the same day. Received POE letter.
NOV.6.2020 Passport sent out by VAC
NOV.9.2020 Received Passport with visa
NOV.20.2020 Granted Entry into Canada received study permit at the border

Note: I never received AIP. It was a direct approval.

_________Documents Presented At the Border________
1. Passport with visa
2. POE letter
3. Letter of Admissions from my school
4. Letter of support from my school. It states *school on COVID-19 readiness list *Synchronous class make my study very difficult in home country *the program is NOT cancelled, etc... (This letter may be different depending on the school you are attending)
5. Quarantine plan. My university offers quarantine accommodations, so I just printed a confirmation letter of my quarantine accommodation registration.

I hope you will find this information helpful. Good luck to you all.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a direct message.

*Disclaimer. Each person's situation is different, and you should add other documents to present as you see fit. This is not legal advice. I posted this information here so that people can get an idea about what to expect.
HI Ln_,

May I ask how you went to Canada, by plane or by car? Thank you.

Reactions: srisu

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hey, I would appreciate it if you could help me with this. Were you able to book a flight from the US to Canada? Did you book a flight on the Air Canada website? Do which airlines did you choose to fly?
HI,
I'm sorry I don't know how to answer this. Have you figured out the question?

w504456718

Aug 22, 2020
When did you guys receive the tracking number from VFS after FedEx successfully delivered to their office. My passport delivered at Dec1 and still don't have news about the tracking number. Anyone in the same boat?

srisu

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
When did you guys receive the tracking number from VFS after FedEx successfully delivered to their office. My passport delivered at Dec1 and still don't have news about the tracking number. Anyone in the same boat?
I got tracking on Dec 2nd and also received just now saying my passport under the process at IRCC