+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

sdan_mhspa

Sep 2, 2020
Hi, all. I am an applicant from NJ. I submitted my application in May 2020, finished biometric in July, get AIP in August. My school is on the DLI since November 3. I just want to know who's school is also on the Second batch DLIs, and already gets BVI or PPR. Thanks!
what's your nationality? I have similar timeline to you my school has been in DLI list since the start still waiting...

vishal6557

Sep 4, 2020
Applied 21st July,
Biometrics 8th August
AIP 21st August
No update after that. I did change the college after AIP as the course was offered online and no Jan intake so. Did submit web form with new POA of the new college and financial documents.

w504456718

Aug 22, 2020
Hello All, Got approved today
My time line is :
Submitted: July 21 2020
Biometrics: Done in 2018 (I had a Visitors Visa)
AIP: August 19
Extra Document Request: November 6
Correspondence Letter and OPR : November 20th
Wishing you all the best in your application .
When is your school listed at DLI, Oct 20 or Nov 3?

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
It is really up to you. You can choose the closest office. According to VAC's website, the LA office is closed, but they are accepting passports by mail. However, you must buy their approved envelopes with them.
Hello, Can you explain how you submitted your passport and the steps you took, Also have you received your passport back? How long did it take?
Thank you

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
My time line is :
Hello,

When you uploaded your certificate of enrolment on GCKey, did you get an update on your profile that says they're reviewing what you uploaded?
If you sent it through webform, did they respond and let you know they received it and are reviewing it?

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hello,

When you uploaded your certificate of enrolment on GCKey, did you get an update on your profile that says they're reviewing what you uploaded?
If you sent it through webform, did they respond and let you know they received it and are reviewing it?
Hi,
I was unable to submit through GC key, so i mailed it to cpc ottawa and i sent it as a webform, 2 weeks later i got a mail that states the document is forwarded to the responsible office for their consideration

Reactions: lamen22

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
My time line is :

Did you get the Correspondence letter and OPR at the same time or was there a delay between them?

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hello, Can you explain how you submitted your passport and the steps you took, Also have you received your passport back? How long did it take?
Thank you
Hello,

1. Email VFS to buy label and pay fees
2. They respond in 48 hours with a payment link
3. Pay the fees, screenshot\save the confirmation email VFS back
4. They send you the label in 48 hours with a packing list
5. Bring the label to a FedEx location with the required documents
6. It took me a week to get my passport back after sending it out to the NY office.
7. I received POE letter when my passport is coming back.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Just to give you all an update. I was granted entry into Canada today. Now I have officially received my study permit. See below for my entire timeline and documents I presented.

________Timeline____________
Mar.28.2020 Submitted Study Permit application
Jul.13.2020 Submitted Biometrics at ASC (operated by USCIS)
Jul.14.2020 Review of eligibility started
OCT.27.2020 Received correspondence letter and OPR. OPR came in 1 minute after correspondence letter.
OCT.27.2020 Contacted VFS about shipping labels
OCT.29.2020 Received payment link for labels and service fees. Sent payment confirmation back on the same day.
NOV.2.2020 Received labels from VFS in the late afternoon. Dropped off passport and documents out on the same day at FedEx location.
NOV.4.2020 Passport reached VAC
NOV.5.2020 Passport dispatched to IRCC for processing and came back to VAC on the same day. Received POE letter.
NOV.6.2020 Passport sent out by VAC
NOV.9.2020 Received Passport with visa
NOV.20.2020 Granted Entry into Canada received study permit at the border

Note: I never received AIP. It was a direct approval.

_________Documents Presented At the Border________
1. Passport with visa
2. POE letter
3. Letter of Admissions from my school
4. Letter of support from my school. It states *school on COVID-19 readiness list *Synchronous class make my study very difficult in home country *the program is NOT cancelled, etc... (This letter may be different depending on the school you are attending)
5. Quarantine plan. My university offers quarantine accommodations, so I just printed a confirmation letter of my quarantine accommodation registration.

I hope you will find this information helpful. Good luck to you all.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a direct message.

*Disclaimer. Each person's situation is different, and you should add other documents to present as you see fit. This is not legal advice. I posted this information here so that people can get an idea about what to expect.

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hello,

1. Email VFS to buy label and pay fees
2. They respond in 48 hours with a payment link
3. Pay the fees, screenshot\save the confirmation email VFS back
4. They send you the label in 48 hours with a packing list
5. Bring the label to a FedEx location with the required documents
6. It took me a week to get my passport back after sending it out to the NY office.
7. I received POE letter when my passport is coming back.
Thank you :)

Reactions: Ln_