+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit - June applicants for sept. Intake 2022 gather here.

HopeAgbeka

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hello,

From what I have read before around here, if your application was already approved and you got ppr, you will get your visa and study permit at the border with no issue. You may get a question about why you’re coming in past the stated date in your file, but I’m pretty sure that if you show them your new acceptance letter you will be fine. What may happen though is that you may need to apply at some point for a study permit extension, that since you’ll be starting a semester later than the length your SP was originally issued for.

If your application is still pending though, IRCC will probably ask you to send them your updated LOA once they start working on your file. In any case, it something that happens a lot and it shouldn’t hinder your application outcome, so don’t overthink it and get stressed by that. The process itself is stressful enough!
Awwwn...am in love with you...this reply did mentally help me thank you.

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022
Guys any update please my eligibility review just started last Saturday. When can I expect a decision?
mine started 1st of August till date, no response. sent webform no response

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
also can someone educate me about the ghost updates?
You can look for the term in the forum to learn more about them. In short, they happen (apparently) when something happened to your application or someone interacted with it but when you log to your IRCC account, everything looks the same. That's why they are called ghost updates. They should be a good sign because "something is happening" with your application.

potatoesushi

Sep 22, 2022
You can look for the term in the forum to learn more about them. In short, they happen (apparently) when something happened to your application or someone interacted with it but when you log to your IRCC account, everything looks the same. That's why they are called ghost updates. They should be a good sign because "something is happening" with your application.
thank you for this, i have had 3 ghost updates so far, is it really a good sign? i will lose my scholarship if i dont get to uni by december so i am desperate for the visa at this point

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
thank you for this, i have had 3 ghost updates so far, is it really a good sign? i will lose my scholarship if i dont get to uni by december so i am desperate for the visa at this point
Supposedly, they are a good sign but it can also be a long time from the moment you received one and the final decision on your case. In short, what you actually need is a decision on your application, not ghost updates. If your application has exceeded normal processing times, submit a webform and contact the VAC via email. Not much else to do...