+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit jamaica

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Yes I already have a TRV and some travel history.

Trinidad has our own Canadian Embassy, so they will give me the actual permit on my passport.
Ohh I thought everyone got their permit when they land regardless of your country having an embassy

K£!$H@89

Aug 19, 2020
It took me 1 month !

Applied in October 19th 2020
Biometrics October 22nd,
Biometrics Validation Letter and OPR- Nov 20th

I have to submit my passport to the vfs on Monday via courier.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the email notification. I was in the supermarket aisle. I logged into my account nervously, sigh of relief when I saw it was a biometrics validation letter. I was glad because I knew that they were looking into my profile. Walking back to my car, I got another email. This was not a good sign. Two emails from them in one day? pretty sure I was gonna get rejected. I already decided well, it was worth a shot. What's for me is for me. Such is life, Que sera sera. To my shock , I saw that it was an original passport request. I absolutely couldn't believe it.
I went back in the supermarket and got a nice bottle of rum. Celebrated whole day today.

Keep positive guys, have faith !
Loooove this!! It will happen when u least expect it!

Shamii

Nov 7, 2020
. I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay based on your purpose of visit.

.I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay based on personal asset and financial status.
What program did you apply for? And what’s ur education level/ what did you study before? What ties did you submit? How much did you show for proof of funds?

These questions can help you understand why they refused you.

Reactions: _briannaashley

Glossianna

Nov 14, 2020
What program did you apply for? And what’s ur education level/ what did you study before? What ties did you submit? How much did you show for proof of funds?

These questions can help you understand why they refused you.
Program -business management coop
I previously did a diploma in geriatrics nursing. However, i have been working in the business field
Ties- family and land documents
I used my personal saving and a sponsor which is my friend in the US. My personal saving covered tuition for one year tuition and sponsor 10k for expense. I also have a friend who would provide accommodation there during my studies but i never mentioned it in my SOP.

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Program -business management coop
I previously did a diploma in geriatrics nursing. However, i have been working in the business field
Ties- family and land documents
I used my personal saving and a sponsor which is my friend in the US. My personal saving covered tuition for one year tuition and sponsor 10k for expense. I also have a friend who would provide accommodation there during my studies but i never mentioned it in my SOP.
Hi Glossianna, did your friend write a letter re the accommodation and how long is your course?

Glossianna

Nov 14, 2020
Hi Glossianna, did your friend write a letter re the accommodation and how long is your course?
No mention was made about the accommodation with the application. Course is 2 years, 1 year in class, 1 year full time coop/work experience which comes with a certain amount of credits.

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Ok, include an accommodation letter next time, let the person(s) sign it and I'd say up your proof of funds, show more than the required amount. Also, if you can get help with a stellar SOP, get it.

Glossianna

Nov 14, 2020
Ok, include an accommodation letter next time, let the person(s) sign it and I'd say up your proof of funds, show more than the required amount. Also, if you can get help with a stellar SOP, get it.
I am working on improving my personal funds. Do you think i should reapply with my friend in the US as sponsor? I was thinking about CIBC student loan.

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
I'd say yes, keep the sponsor for consistency. Also for the loan, I don't think they can know. You could perhaps say it's a gift and get two family members (depending on the amount) to say they gifted you. Else, the visa officer may ask where you got the funds so fast. But remember to order your notes to get the exact notes on their file.