+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit jamaica

_briannaashley

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
That is so risky
Lol, I know but I'm not a first time applicant, this is actually my second time applying. My visa expired and I got trapped in my home country so I had to reapply instead of getting an extension. Also I ordered GCMS notes and the VO's notes indicated that once my processing has resumed on my application, a SP should be issued. I'm also only doing one course this semester.

Reactions: Tavia and Kingaos

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
Lol, I know but I'm not a first time applicant, this is actually my second time applying. My visa expired and I got trapped in my home country so I had to reapply instead of getting an extension. Also I ordered GCMS notes and the VO's notes indicated that once my processing has resumed on my application, a SP should be issued. I'm also only doing one course this semester.
Oh thank goodness

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Thanks, I hope so too :( I applied in February and I'm only doing one course. I have two to do in January and then I'm done.
Ohh won't doing one course affect your PGWP? I was reading where someone was denied because they were not full time for the entire duration of their study. Full time is considered doing 3 courses right. Correct me if I'm wrong, just need to be sure because I was contemplating If I have to start in Jan, how many courses I should do.....seeing it's online

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Have you guys checked your IRCC account? I saw persons post where their status was updated, when I checked it was same for me

Reactions: Tavia

OkraBody

May 20, 2018
Hey guys, I'm so happy to see people from Jamaica here. :):) Applying for Sept 2021 for University of Winnipeg. I got my University acceptance letter already

Reactions: LorLor

OkraBody

May 20, 2018
Nice, you should try and submit early, since processing is taking some time due to covid!!
Yes! Definitely! I'm seeing the processing time at 16 weeks?? That's insane. I can't send in my application until February, but I'm hoping that will be enough time.

Sinmars

Nov 16, 2020
Hey fellow Jamaicans, I applied for study permit on October 26th, did Biometrics on November 2, I am awaiting response for January 2021.

Has anyone from Jamaica gotten approval for this semester as yet?

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Hi, I applied in September for January 2021 intake. and is still waiting. They won't look at your application until your school is on the list.