+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit jamaica

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
Ircc sent out an update eons ago saying you can study up to 50% outside of Canada and you will be rewarded crs points and still qualify for pgwp. Then another update came out saying for those who started In May and Sept will be able to study fully online and still qualify for pgwp. Which leaves alot of confusion about the crs points for studying. None of the "Facebook experts" are commenting on it. But I've been to a webinar and they said you will be qualified for the points but on the other hand people from India keep saying the webinar are a joke. So I just wanted to hear what are you guys take on it.

But for me I believe the points will be rewarded because 1) ircc do not issue study visas for online study
2) in order to qualify for pgwp you must have a study permit
Therefore the points will be rewarded. It only make sense

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
Is this mainly for one year programs?
No all programs. If you're doing a one year program and started in May or Sept 2020 you can do the entire thing online and still qualify for the pwgp. If you are doing a 2 Yr program you can only complete half in your home country

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
No all programs. If you're doing a one year program and started in May or Sept 2020 you can do the entire thing online and still qualify for the pwgp. If you are doing a 2 Yr program you can only complete half in your home country
Ok and the April 2021 rule still applies right? You can complete up to that time and the rest is over there?

It's good and bad.....I mean you get to save on rent etc if you stay in your country but I also believe that being there and working gives you experience, a better understanding of how things work and most importantly you should be able to network as that's big and you want to be able to find a work with the NOC codes to get PR.

OkraBody

May 20, 2018
Ok and the April 2021 rule still applies right? You can complete up to that time and the rest is over there?

It's good and bad.....I mean you get to save on rent etc if you stay in your country but I also believe that being there and working gives you experience, a better understanding of how things work and most importantly you should be able to network as that's big and you want to be able to find a work with the NOC codes to get PR.

Yeah, I would rather being there and getting settled and learning the environment, that's why I pushed back my start date to Sept 2021. Plus, I don't like the online learning thing tbh.

Reactions: Tavia and Kingaos

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
Yeah, I would rather being there and getting settled and learning the environment, that's why I pushed back my start date to Sept 2021. Plus, I don't like the online learning thing tbh.
I agree
My experience with online learning hasn't been bad. The professors are more lenient due to the situation.

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Wow, congratulations!!!......is which uncle or aunty you have the embassy lol. you for Jan right and everything is JA?