+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit in Amman Jordan

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hello all

Any one applied for a study permit in amman, jordan.
Please share your status, wether u applied online or through VAc when did u submit your application and if there is any update

I applied online on June 3rd still no update. The only update isnthe biometric not needed at this time

Thanks

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Hi,

I applied for my wife on June 14. Still no biometric request, no update. I live in Canada and I applied by an immigration lawyer from here. The biometric should be requested withing couple of days since you have submitted your application. The issue I am having right now is that the lawyer missed paying the biometric fees along with the application. Have you paid the biometric fees?

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Yes i applied online on 3rd of june got approved 7th of july.
I paid my study permit and biometrics fees online at the same time. When i finished submitting my documents i instantly got an email for biometric collection it was friday and you know the first working day is sunday so i submitted biometrics after 2 days .

Let your wife contact VAC office in amman. (Next to Ibn Alhaitham hospital) and hopefully she can pay the fees there

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
I contacted the visa office couple of weeks ago and told me to pay the biometric fee online, so the lawyer did it on June 30. We still do not have any update. I will call the visa office today again hopefully they can help me on this.

I applied for visitor visa for my parents couple of months ago by myself. I remembered their status online got updated for biometric received couple of days after they did the biometric at the visa office. You should see the biometric received on your application status online. Btw, can you check the application status via the visa office website using tracking number (I assume it is the number that you get when you do the biometric)?
Also, have you contacted the visa office in Amman asking if the biometric was sent to the embassy?
Do you know anyone else applying for study permit at Amman office these days?

Best of luck for both of us :)

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
I applied on June 3rd online (it was friday)
Did biometrics on june 5th (sunday) and it was recieved same day to embassy.

And yes u can track ur application using the VAC tracking number howerver they never update in my case until now.

On july 7th i got a Passport collection letter (wgich means approved) it was Eid VAC is closed. SO i had to submit my passport today in the morning

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Hi Badi,

Have you received your passport back? if yes, what is the date of visa issued?

We got the passport request today :)

mihachris

May 5, 2016
Badi said:
I applied on June 3rd online (it was friday)
Did biometrics on june 5th (sunday) and it was recieved same day to embassy.

And yes u can track ur application using the VAC tracking number howerver they never update in my case until now.

On july 7th i got a Passport collection letter (wgich means approved) it was Eid VAC is closed. SO i had to submit my passport today in the morning
Hey,

May I ask where did you get the VAC tracking number, since you applied online?

The thing is, my country of residence is different from my country of citizenship and I don't even know where my application is processed so I can check the processing times. Should I call a VAC and ask?

mohkhalili

Jul 31, 2016
I sent my Application online from Jordan, after 4 days I got same message:

Your Passport Status
Visa application, tracking ID No.xxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, AMMAN. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

do u have any idea what this mean?
how long it may take to be finalized?

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
This status mean its still at the canadian embassy
Just be patient i got the visa after 1 month and 4 days which is almost half the processing time indicated on cic website

Good luck