+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Help - Unique case

andrewlim

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

Please help me because this case is rather unique and I don't know where else to ask.

The situation:
So I'm currently studying 2 year program in Canada as an international student. It starts from 2016 - 2018 and the program is divided into two phases.
The first phase will end in January 2017 and I have an option to continue or to quit the university and continue studying somewhere else.
I've made up my mind that I want to continue my study in another university. So I will apply for another university.

The problem:
The new university program will start at September 2017, so I will be idle between January 2017 to September 2017.
My student visa stated that I am eligible to stay in Canada from January 2016 - 2018 January.

The question:
Do I need to alter my study permit? Do I have to go back to my country instead?
Can I take another short-term program like English course and then continue to extend my student permit after I start studying in the new university?

Thank you for your help.

happyReem

May 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your case is considered as changing the institution so definitely you need a new study permit.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can check this link. Hopefully it would be helpful.

Check "changing institution or program section": http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp