+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent problem for my study permit

mart.dvt

May 22, 2018
Hi,

Last year, I took an admission for studying PhD in an university in Canada for Fall, 2017. So I applied for study permit and after about one month, my student visa was issued and my study permit was approved. Besides, the embassy gave me a letter of introduction to be given to the officer in the airport to issue me a study permit. However, I didn't enter Canada and I was not able to enroll the university because of some personal problems.

A few months ago, I took another admission for MSc (not PhD) studying in the same field and from the same university for May, 2018. Although my visa is still valid, but I don't know whether I will be able to take a study permit by my old letter of introduction and new admission letter when I arrive in Canada or not. Could you help me?

Thanks

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi,

Last year, I took an admission for studying PhD in an university in Canada for Fall, 2017. So I applied for study permit and after about one month, my student visa was issued and my study permit was approved. Besides, the embassy gave me a letter of introduction to be given to the officer in the airport to issue me a study permit. However, I didn't enter Canada and I was not able to enroll the university because of some personal problems.

A few months ago, I took another admission for MSc (not PhD) studying in the same field and from the same university for May, 2018. Although my visa is still valid, but I don't know whether I will be able to take a study permit by my old letter of introduction and new admission letter when I arrive in Canada or not. Could you help me?

Thanks
When does the study permit expire?

mart.dvt

May 22, 2018
When does the study permit expire?
I haven't taken study permit yet, but in my letter of introduction, it is said that it is valid until 2021, The first program that I requested visa was PhD, so four years. Now I have another admission for the same university but Master of Science not PhD and it starts in May, 2018.

mart.dvt

May 22, 2018
You should contact the embassy to avoid any problems.
I have sent a case specific inquiry but they have not responded yet. Is there any other way to contact the embassy?
My time is really tight because my program is already started and it is getting so late.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi,

Thanks
Your study permit MIGHT have been canceled by now as you didn't show up for your classes as well as been inactive with your studies(its been almost approximately 8months without active studies)

..the school MIGHT have notified IRCC about it. did you write to the school when all this played out?

I do hope they reply your CSE on time

mart.dvt

May 22, 2018
Your study permit MIGHT have been canceled by now as you didn't show up for your classes as well as been inactive with your studies(its been almost approximately 8months without active studies)

..the school MIGHT have notified IRCC about it. did you write to the school when all this played out?

I do hope they reply your CSE on time
What should I write to school? I have taken another admission after my old admission had been canceled. Couldn't I check any place to see whether my study permit is canceled or not? I mean my status, because I haven't actually taken any study permit.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
What should I write to school? I have taken another admission after my old admission had been canceled. Couldn't I check any place to see whether my study permit is canceled or not? I mean my status, because I haven't actually taken any study permit.
Can you please let me know what is your visa office? The contact number should be on the CIC website.

mart.dvt

May 22, 2018
Can you please let me know what is your visa office? The contact number should be on the CIC website.
It is in Ankara. Do you mean I can make a phone call? I think they do not answer questions about immigration and visa application processes.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
There is high probability that your study permit has been canceled, apply for a Caips notes to see if there will be any additional remark while simultaneously trying to get in touch with CIC by email or CSE

..you never can tell, walk to the Vfs center you applied an make an enquiry, someone might point you to a direction

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can also login to your profile and see what it says. I would assume your study permit has been cancelled and apply for another one based on your MSc. The schools are supposed to report students that haven't shown up after 90 days so their permit can be cancelled unless you have arranged to defer your admission.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
It is in Ankara. Do you mean I can make a phone call? I think they do not answer questions about immigration and visa application processes.
The university may have already informed IRCC. You should get caips/gcms notes to see what written there. Also, please send a case specific enquiry

mart.dvt

May 22, 2018
The university may have already informed IRCC. You should get caips/gcms notes to see what written there. Also, please send a case specific enquiry
I haven't taken study permit yet. Can I ask the university to see if it has informed IRCC or not? Besides, how can I get caips/gcms notes?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I haven't taken study permit yet. Can I ask the university to see if it has informed IRCC or not? Besides, how can I get caips/gcms notes?
you said in your earlier post that you got the study permit. Once it is stamped in your passport it means that you got it. you can order from caipsgcms.com

mart.dvt

May 22, 2018
you said in your earlier post that you got the study permit. Once it is stamped in your passport it means that you got it. you can order from caipsgcms.com
No, I think study permit is a letter. In my passport, a Canadian visa is stamped which is valid for four years.