+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit ghost update:application/profile updated

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Okay that's good then. They sent an automated email the other apologizing for the delay in processing. Is that sent to everbody?
Yes I got that too.
Someone in Nigeria got passport request yesterday. An October 4 applicant.
I'm October 9. Hoping for best before next weekend

JUBA2020

Nov 17, 2020
Yes I got that too.
Someone in Nigeria got passport request yesterday. An October 4 applicant.
I'm October 9. Hoping for best before next weekend
Okay that's superb! Yes I am hoping for the best for you too. I applied October 14th.

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Did he submit his biometrics?
Sorry, I'm just seeing this comment.
Yes. Biometric is important.
IRCC would delay any response positive or negative till biometric is done. I experienced it in my first application in July 21, 2020. I couldn't do biometric because of closure of VACs due to COVID. When I finally did d biometric on August 24, 2020, I discovered my eligibility was completed July 28, 2020 and I did not meet up. This was updated on October 3 after I got refusal.
My background check that had been on since July was completed August 28, 2020. My upfront medical done August 22, 2020 was updated to passed by September 3, 2020. My refusal came October 3.
Soto answer your question, the man who got PPR had done biometrics
Some people go to other countries to do biometrics if they can afford it. Try to do it urgently

Last edited:

JUBA2020

Nov 17, 2020
Sorry, I'm just seeing this comment.
Yes. Biometric is important.
IRCC would delay any response positive or negative till biometric is done. I experienced it in my first application in July 21, 2020. I couldn't do biometric because of closure of VACs due to COVID. When I finally did d biometric on August 24, 2020, I discovered my eligibility was completed July 28, 2020 and I did not meet up. This was updated on October 3 after I got refusal.
My background check that had been on since July was completed August 28, 2020. My upfront medical done August 22, 2020 was updated to passed by September 3, 2020. My refusal came October 3.
Soto answer your question, the man who got PPR had done biometrics
Ohh okay okay undertsand. That's weird because I couldn't do my biometrics the first time but I was still refused. So basically the ghost update could be anything then. Where I am, I don't need to do any medical only to submit my biometrics. But, this time around I got an ghost update. Let's see how it goes.

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Ohh okay okay undertsand. That's weird because I couldn't do my biometrics the first time but I was still refused. So basically the ghost update could be anything then. Where I am, I don't need to do any medical only to submit my biometrics. But, this time around I got an ghost update. Let's see how it goes.
What country are you applying from?

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
I am from Jamaica but I live in Mexico so they refused my application becuase I didn't show enough ties to here. So I reapplied addressing that
Ok . Different set of rules for Americas. I'm in Nigeria. Today make it 61days post application for me. Last time I applied, it took 73 days before I got refusal. So I hope to hear from them between now and 21st December

JUBA2020

Nov 17, 2020
Ok . Different set of rules for Americas. I'm in Nigeria. Today make it 61days post application for me. Last time I applied, it took 73 days before I got refusal. So I hope to hear from them between now and 21st December
It basically took the same time for me too due to the pandemic. Yes I hoping for a change too.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi,

I have applied on 03 November with complete application. Eligibility review has started the next day of application. Since then I have recieved like 5 ghost update. On Thursday, Friday and today, I have recieved a ghost updates daily. Is there someone who has the same experience. What does this implies? Thanks in advance!
any update for your application