+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit for minor child - Parent has approved Work permit (W-1 visa)

nitination

Jan 8, 2022
i am on same boat. filling forms for only child study permit is really tough and confusing, i hope we get some good advise on this forum
I am in a similar situation. I am in Canada on a Study permit. My wife has visitor visa and is with my daughter 8yr in India. I am having difficulty applying for a study permit for my daughter. Please help understand the process.

Last edited:

satish_n222

Oct 21, 2021
HI Satish and Greeny, Even now I have the same situation where my daughter's Visitor VISA was rejected, now by seeing this situation I should apply only Study permit for my dependent child. May know have you got the study permit for your kid? Please help me here. Thank you
Hi Girisha,

I had the same problem for a while but then switched to the new IRCC portal where it is relatively easier to apply for only study permit of the child, Use the following url and try. Sign in (cic.gc.ca)

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
Hi Girisha,

I had the same problem for a while but then switched to the new IRCC portal where it is relatively easier to apply for only study permit of the child, Use the following url and try. Sign in (cic.gc.ca)
Hi,

I have a same issue. Me and my husband have visa. Mi minor kids rejected under TRV and SP. Did you get visa for your child? Could you please help me if do anything or ask help from anybody?

satish_n222

Oct 21, 2021
Hi,

I have a same issue. Me and my husband have visa. Mi minor kids rejected under TRV and SP. Did you get visa for your child? Could you please help me if do anything or ask help from anybody?
Sure, Did you start the application? Do you have any specific queries?

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
Sure, Did you start the application? Do you have any specific queries?
I created application in the old portal and apply for study permit again. I havent any acceptance letter for my kids.
Do I need a acceptance letter?
I wrote a cover letter and mentioned I am student here and I need to be with my children during my studies. Is it correct process?
Do I need to provide any doucment for them?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I created application in the old portal and apply for study permit again. I havent any acceptance letter for my kids.
Do I need a acceptance letter?
I wrote a cover letter and mentioned I am student here and I need to be with my children during my studies. Is it correct process?
Do I need to provide any doucment for them?
You can indicate that your children will be attending the school associated with the catchment area of your home. You can explain that you would like your children to join you while studying in Canada. I would provide proof that you have the extra funds to support them. You’ll need to show that you have the funds to rent a larger home, have the funds to pay for childcare before and/or after school if you are attending class and during work if you are working. Childcare is extremely expensive in Canada so it may not make sense to work because you would be working to pay for the childcare. School usually ends early to mid afternoon which is why many need childcare after school. That can easily be $700 per month per child. In general you’ll need to show that you have the additional funds to account for a large increase in your cost of living in Canada versus on your own.

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
You can indicate that your children will be attending the school associated with the catchment area of your home. You can explain that you would like your children to join you while studying in Canada. I would provide proof that you have the extra funds to support them. You’ll need to show that you have the funds to rent a larger home, have the funds to pay for childcare before and/or after school if you are attending class and during work if you are working. Childcare is extremely expensive in Canada so it may not make sense to work because you would be working to pay for the childcare. School usually ends early to mid afternoon which is why many need childcare after school. That can easily be $700 per month per child. In general you’ll need to show that you have the additional funds to account for a large increase in your cost of living in Canada versus on your own.

Thank you for your respond. I was wondering if you could help me regarding ties as well.

I put my husband property, my husband company deed and write one paragheraph about my mother and my family. I dont know which document I can provide for my children as ties. I wa wondering if you could help me regarding ties as well.

Thank you in advance,

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thank you for your respond. I was wondering if you could help me regarding ties as well.

I put my husband property, my husband company deed and write one paragheraph about my mother and my family. I dont know which document I can provide for my children as ties. I wa wondering if you could help me regarding ties as well.

Thank you in advance,
establish what the children are currently doing

When I applied TRV & SP for my kids, we showed their current schooling in India, their day care, our ongoing employments and pay checks and showed how we have a functional set up for the kids back home with schooling & day care and how the same would continue in Canada - Establish this with finances too

We had a TRV refusal which was turned around with an out of court settlement as our application was very good with all the necessary documents. JR may not be for all but a complete application with as much information does help face eventualities

Good Luck