+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit for minor child - Parent has approved Work permit (W-1 visa)

satish_n222

Oct 21, 2021
Hi,

I had applied for my work permit along with visitor visa for my spouse and daughter. I received my work permit approval but my daughter's application was refused. My spouse's application is still in processing. Now that I have an approved work permit visa, I want to know how can I apply for my daughter's study permit. The Canadian immigration website says that she will not require an acceptance letter due to my approval. Kindly help in this scenario. I am unable to add a new application only for my daughter, how can I do that?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

I had applied for my work permit along with visitor visa for my spouse and daughter. I received my work permit approval but my daughter's application was refused. My spouse's application is still in processing. Now that I have an approved work permit visa, I want to know how can I apply for my daughter's study permit. The Canadian immigration website says that she will not require an acceptance letter due to my approval. Kindly help in this scenario. I am unable to add a new application only for my daughter, how can I do that?
What was the basis for your daughter's refusal? If she is of school age, you should have applied for a SP not a visitors.
Also, your wife needs a SOWP not a visitor's visa, to stay with you in Canada on an extended basis.

Reactions: Naturgrl

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
What was the basis for your daughter's refusal? If she is of school age, you should have applied for a SP not a visitors.
Also, your wife needs a SOWP not a visitor's visa, to stay with you in Canada on an extended basis.
Me too. Me and my wife in work permit. for son we applied for visitor visa, refused 2 times. This time we applied for study permit in September 2021. my son age is 5.

refusal reason: No bond with home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Is your job NOC0,A or B?

satish_n222

Oct 21, 2021
This is what they responded with:
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• You may wish to reapply for a Study Permit under the International Mobility Program's Public Policy on accompanying children.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I applied for visitor based on advice from my consultant. Just FYI, I am in India and have not travelled to Canada yet. I would like to take my family along.

satish_n222

Oct 21, 2021
Me too. Me and my wife in work permit. for son we applied for visitor visa, refused 2 times. This time we applied for study permit in September 2021. my son age is 5.

Can you please share from where (the link) you applied for your son's study permit? Since you had work permit already, how to apply only for the dependent child? I tried creating a new account but based on the questionnaire, it is also considering my new application for a visitor visa along with my daughter's study permit application. They are also charging both the applications. My intent is to use my work permit to add her as a dependent and apply only for her study permit.

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Can you please share from where (the link) you applied for your son's study permit? Since you had work permit already, how to apply only for the dependent child? I tried creating a new account but based on the questionnaire, it is also considering my new application for a visitor visa along with my daughter's study permit application. They are also charging both the applications. My intent is to use my work permit to add her as a dependent and apply only for her study permit.
I am sorry, due to continuous refusal i hired a lawyer in Canada, and he applied for me.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
This is what they responded with:
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• You may wish to reapply for a Study Permit under the International Mobility Program's Public Policy on accompanying children.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I applied for visitor based on advice from my consultant. Just FYI, I am in India and have not travelled to Canada yet. I would like to take my family along.
Like I said she needs a study permit that's why it was refused. It's clearly stated in the refusal letter. Your agent was wrong to advise you to apply for a visit visa. This was allowed before but recently IRCC insists on SP for children of school going age (5 and above). He/She is clearly not up to date with IRCC policies.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hi,

send me ur email, i filled my child study permit application after advised by @wonderbly ...... now my child permit application started and next step is filling forms but the representative form is very difficult to fill, i hope @wonderbly will help in this because its only child permit application as well as attached visit visa application for another child age 4 year

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021

oh it means its tough to get child study permit after when both parents have approved visa :(

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hi,

visitor visa for spouse is higher chance of refusal, should apply SOWP