+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT EXTENSION

Nov 4, 2023
Hi, Myself AswinKumar Ramanadane, I am an international student here.

I am going for vacation to India from Nov 16 to Dec 18. My existing study permit and visa in passport expires by Dec 31. So I have 13 days left while returning back Canada.

On top that I have applied for my study permit extension, I have my 2 nd course offer letter and fee paid receipt.

My questions are

1. Is it safe to enter Canada with 13 days left on my study permit and TRV even though I didn’t receive my extension of study permit?

2.What to do if my study permit extension gets delayed?

Sep 7, 2018
Canada

I am going for vacation to India from Nov 16 to Dec 18. My existing study permit and visa in passport expires by Dec 31. So I have 13 days left while returning back Canada.

On top that I have applied for my study permit extension, I have my 2 nd course offer letter and fee paid receipt.

My questions are

1. Is it safe to enter Canada with 13 days left on my study permit and TRV even though I didn’t receive my extension of study permit?

I think there will be no problem. As you have 13 days left for your TRV you will be allowed to enter Canada. And even if your study permit gets delayed, after Dec 31 you would be on implied status until your study permit gets approved. For more info you can check the following website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

My questions are

Are you currently studying? Most classes do not end by November 18. The only potential problem is that if there is a big storm that delays flights in Canada and the US then it can be very difficult to rebook during the holiday period so that is a risk if somehow your return flight gets cancelled.

Sep 7, 2018
Canada
Are you currently studying? Most classes do not end by November 18. The only potential problem is that if there is a big storm that delays flights in Canada and the US then it can be very difficult to rebook during the holiday period so that is a risk if somehow your return flight gets cancelled.
You have 13 days, so I think maximum by a week you can book new tickets and enter Canada without any problem.