+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

Mann1994

May 3, 2021
My study permit is going to be expire in November 2021 but my study will be more than that time. I want to apply for my spouse visa in india so first i need to get study permit with more time. I have checked about the time to apply for study permit extension but its just showing 30 months before the expiry date is minimum time. but did not mention about maximum time.so i want to apply in may as it expires in November Can i apply for study permit extension before 7 months in may. Does it affect the approval of study permit? Please help

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My study permit is going to be expire in November 2021 but my study will be more than that time. I want to apply for my spouse visa in india so first i need to get study permit with more time. I have checked about the time to apply for study permit extension but its just showing 30 months before the expiry date is minimum time. but did not mention about maximum time.so i want to apply in may as it expires in November Can i apply for study permit extension before 7 months in may. Does it affect the approval of study permit? Please help
You can apply 1 month before expiration of your current SP. Apply 7 months before to have it renewed to apply for spouse work permit will not make your application a priority, and chances can be deferred. You don't want that... my suggestion do as what is required by the cic

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Yes, you can apply already.

My permit is due to expire November 2021 also. I submitted my application to renew last February and got me extension in less than 30 days.

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Yes, you can apply already.

My permit is due to expire November 2021 also. I submitted my application to renew last February and got me extension in less than 30 days.
I applied for a 1-year Postgraduate certificate program and would like to change to a 2-years Postgraduate certificate program in the same college.
After landed in Can, could I change my program then apply immediately for SP extension?
TIA and have a nice day mate.

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
I applied for a 1-year Postgraduate certificate program and would like to change to a 2-years Postgraduate certificate program in the same college.
After landed in Can, could I change my program then apply immediately for SP extension?
TIA and have a nice day mate.
I believe you can change your program right after you land, but it's subject to IRCC approval. Better check with your school advisor.

For the SP extension, yes you can apply anytime as long as you have the proper documents for submission.

Reactions: lamnt0702

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
I believe you can change your program right after you land, but it's subject to IRCC approval. Better check with your school advisor.

For the SP extension, yes you can apply anytime as long as you have the proper documents for submission.
Thank you noelvictoria, appreciated!

Reactions: noelvictoria

Nvd

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Nice you applied on Feb 2021 or Feb 2020 ?
Hi, ironclad my query is that i applied for SOWP and till now no decision is made nd my wife study permit will expire on 31dec2021 she has take. Another 1 year course in same college for sept intake nd i uploaded that LOA in my SOWP application and my wife can’t apply for study permit extension before September, can visa officer considered this situation cz m scared if VO thinks that only 3 months is left of my wife study permit nd wife hasn’t apply for stidy permit extension and has just attached the next course LOA.
Wife timeline
-Jan’21 intake
-August 13 course finish
-Study permit expiry date 31 dec 2021
-Next course taken for sept ‘21 intake
-Apply for SP extension in sept 21

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi, ironclad my query is that i applied for SOWP and till now no decision is made nd my wife study permit will expire on 31dec2021 she has take. Another 1 year course in same college for sept intake nd i uploaded that LOA in my SOWP application and my wife can’t apply for study permit extension before September, can visa officer considered this situation cz m scared if VO thinks that only 3 months is left of my wife study permit nd wife hasn’t apply for stidy permit extension and has just attached the next course LOA.
Wife timeline
-Jan’21 intake
-August 13 course finish
-Study permit expiry date 31 dec 2021
-Next course taken for sept ‘21 intake
-Apply for SP extension in sept 21
Hi, did your spouse get a study permit extension and you SOWP? I am also in the same situation.