+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Good evening Everyone!
I just have some clarification. I got my study permit issued last September 10, 2019 and will expire on December 13, 2019. And my class will end on April 2019 (it's like 2 semesters only with 4 months each, Sept-Dec, Jan-April). Given the fact that I can only get PGWP once, I'm planning instead to extend my study permit for another year so I can get 3 years PGWP.
I just would like to ask how soon can I apply for the extension of study permit? Can I still work full time from April to September/December 2019 before I can apply for the Study permit extension?
Thank you very much

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Good evening Everyone!
I just have some clarification. I got my study permit issued last September 10, 2019 and will expire on December 13, 2019. And my class will end on April 2019 (it's like 2 semesters only with 4 months each, Sept-Dec, Jan-April). Given the fact that I can only get PGWP once, I'm planning instead to extend my study permit for another year so I can get 3 years PGWP.
I just would like to ask how soon can I apply for the extension of study permit? Can I still work full time from April to September/December 2019 before I can apply for the Study permit extension?
Thank you very much
You cannot work if you are not studying at that time.

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Check the dates you wrote, doesn't make any sense.
Hi Bongoman, I'm actually referring to my Study permit form, It states here that it will expire on December 2019. However, my program starts in September 2018 and will end on September 2019.
In addition, in our school, our classes will end until April 2019 only since we only have 2 semesters Sep-Dec 2018 and Jan-April 2019. I was wondering if what can I do from April onwards until the expiration of my Study permit or even just until the end of my program (September 2019). I hope to get clarification if I can work full time and how soon can i apply for extension of study permit to have another 1 year program

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Thank you Lovesahota. However, I'm also wondering coz they said I can work full time in my scheduled breaks, So it's possible or not to work full time from April-September 2019?
See, if you work on your sin number that provided to you, that will record your work time. If you work without that, you can work as much as you can. But be careful about it, don't get caught.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi Bongoman, I'm actually referring to my Study permit form, It states here that it will expire on December 2019. However, my program starts in September 2018 and will end on September 2019.
In addition, in our school, our classes will end until April 2019 only since we only have 2 semesters Sep-Dec 2018 and Jan-April 2019. I was wondering if what can I do from April onwards until the expiration of my Study permit or even just until the end of my program (September 2019). I hope to get clarification if I can work full time and how soon can i apply for extension of study permit to have another 1 year program
Doesnt mater what your study permit says if you complete your studies your study permit becomes invalid.

Still don't understand what you mean by your program ends September 2019 but you complete school in April 2019?
You need to apply and be accepted in another program then you well use that LOA to apply for a study permit extension same as you applied for study permit.