+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

Jgmc

Sep 1, 2018
I am still waiting... 80 days and counting... I applied on June 18th with my family (spouse and son) for a graduate program...
Me too, still waiting...applied June 18th..husband and son as well! It is taking too long...:( couldn’t register my son for school...:(

Minh0609

Jun 6, 2014
If people from July are still waiting to get their result back.... You guys have any idea when the reviewing for August people would start approximately? I have to put in a status restoration as well so I wonder if that would affect the processing time....

Reactions: Timrepy Duts

Jgmc

Sep 1, 2018
I am still waiting... 80 days and counting... I applied on June 18th with my family (spouse and son) for a graduate program...
I was wondering if you received any email this week...I got an response saying that if I don’t receive an answer by November 30 I contat them

Timrepy Duts

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hey everyone, I applied to extend and renew my status on my study permit on August 8. When do you guys think it will be ready? I'm really worried because currently I'm unable to register for the semester. I am losing a lot of sleep over this, and reading over this thread tells me that it won't be ready within the expected "processing days". I should mention that I'm single, so I'm only applying for myself. Originally when I applied the processing times were 35 days, but now it's 43 days and that may push me beyond the last day for official registration with my university. Is there anything I should be doing?

Last edited:

Minh0609

Jun 6, 2014
Hey everyone, I applied to extend and renew my status on my study permit on August 8. When do you guys think it will be ready? I'm really worried because currently I'm unable to register for the semester. I am losing a lot of sleep over this, and reading over this thread tells me that it won't be ready within the expected "processing days". I should mention that I'm single, so I'm only applying for myself. Originally when I applied the processing times were 35 days, but now it's 43 days and that may push me beyond the last day for official registration with my university. Is there anything I should be doing?
If it would put your mind at ease, I have talked with an immigration consultant and they said it is still okay to register for classes. It is going to class that you cannot do. I would suggest you to go have a talk with your University's international student support (if you have any) to figure out what you can do for now.

Timrepy Duts

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
If it would put your mind at ease, I have talked with an immigration consultant and they said it is still okay to register for classes. It is going to class that you cannot do. I would suggest you to go have a talk with your University's international student support (if you have any) to figure out what you can do for now.
That would be amazing if I could verify. The only problem is that my study permit expired before I submitted my application, so I'm not in implied status. Are you sure your case is the same?

Minh0609

Jun 6, 2014
That would be amazing if I could verify. The only problem is that my study permit expired before I submitted my application, so I'm not in implied status. Are you sure your case is the same?
Yeah, I am in the same situation right now. Do double check with your international student support about registering for class though.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I hope you applied for restoration and not just extension. Restoration unfortunately takes longer.

Timrepy Duts

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
I hope you applied for restoration and not just extension. Restoration unfortunately takes longer.
I have applied for restoration of status. I don't have anymore classes to take, but I do need to be registered as a student because it's part of my program. Do you know how much longer does restoration of status take? Is it roughly the same processing days?

Yeah, I am in the same situation right now. Do double check with your international student support about registering for class though.
I will have to check that, because as far as I know my university is not allowing me to register for classes since I have only applied for an extension after my permit expired.

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
Date of application: June 18th
After 89 days and counting... IRCC is reviewing my application, the message said: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
Current status: "Application/Updated Status"

vuhatran

May 11, 2015
After 89 days and counting... IRCC is reviewing my application, the message said: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
Hope the best!

Reactions: ecwg

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
finally! Good luck!

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
What is the "Application/Updated Status" that you have? Did you click on it?

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
My study permit was approved today!
Spouse work permit approved
Son study permit approved
Program: graduate program MSc. (2 years)
After 91 days.
Application date: June 18th
Reviewing date: Sep 17th
Approved dats: Sept 18 th

God bless you!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My study permit was approved today!
Spouse work permit approved
Son study permit approved
Program: graduate program MSc. (2 years)
After 91 days.
Application date: June 18th
Reviewing date: Sep 17th
Approved dats: Sept 18 th

God bless you!!!
Hope you're in touch with your school because the may have already deferred your admission to next semester because classes have already started. Best of luck.