+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

ankit.aron

Jun 26, 2018
Hey Guys!!!

Has anyone applied for Study Permit extension on June 22, 2018? Please keep this thread updated for any new updates.

Thanks!

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
I applied for study permit extension on Jun 18, 2018 but I do not have any update. Today is 46 days and counting....

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Damn that's much longer than expectrd (currently showing processing time is 33 days).
I applied June 28th. Got an update 3 days ago that they are reviewing eligibility. Still waiting.

Reactions: ecwg

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
Damn that's much longer than expectrd (currently showing processing time is 33 days).
I applied June 28th. Got an update 3 days ago that they are reviewing eligibility. Still waiting.
Hi, yes I am waiting 49 days. I did not receive any message... at least you receive a message reviewing your eligibility... any updates? Are your going to study an undergraduate or graduate program?

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Hi, yes I am waiting 49 days. I did not receive any message... at least you receive a message reviewing your eligibility... any updates? Are your going to study an undergraduate or graduate program?
Still nothing since last Tuesday. I just graduated from undergrad and going for PhD. How about you? Does the programs matter in terms of the processing time?
I saw a post in which someone applied on June 17th and got approved July 31st. I think you should call them and ask considering the processing time for your case has been significantly longer than expected.

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
The program is for MSc. and it is for 2 years. I did not receive any message or letter. I will call tomorrow.

Reactions: hejsamuel

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
The program is for MSc. and it is for 2 years. I did not receive any message or letter. I will call tomorrow.
have you received your study permit? Did you also apply for a spousal open work permit (in case you have a spouse)? That could delay the processing of your file.

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
So I called them on Wednesday for address change, they told me my SP extension was already approved. I also got the online update yesterday. The following is the timeline:
Applied: June 28, 2018
Approved: August 9, 2018
I hope you've got yours too. All the best!

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
Excellent news for you! All the best too.
I called CIC and they said all my documents are OK, and they will give me an answer shortly. Also, I requested an open work permit extension for my wife and a study permit extension for my daugther. Maybe this is the reason for the delay. I will update any information!

Reactions: hejsamuel

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
have you received your study permit? Did you also apply for a spousal open work permit (in case you have a spouse)? That could delay the processing of your file.
Yes I aplplied for a open work permit extension for my wife and a study permit extension for my daughter.
Applied: June 18, 2018 (Waiting 53 days and counting...)
Status: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

I called CIC and they said all my documents are OK, and they will give me an answer shortly. I asked: what does shortly mean to you? I said 1-2 weeks? they said I don't know... just shortly... lol

Reactions: Phoenixation

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Yes I aplplied for a open work permit extension for my wife and a study permit extension for my daughter.
Applied: June 18, 2018 (Waiting 53 days and counting...)
Status: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

I called CIC and they said all my documents are OK, and they will give me an answer shortly. I asked: what does shortly mean to you? I said 1-2 weeks? they said I don't know... just shortly... lol
Any updates to your application? I applied online for my extension on June 14th and there has been no updates to my application. I called CIC and they said that my documents are all ok and should get a decision soon. I also have applied for the extension of an open work permit for my spouse and student permits for my kids. Would love to hear about any updates that you may have had from CIC.

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
Any updates to your application? I applied online for my extension on June 14th and there has been no updates to my application. I called CIC and they said that my documents are all ok and should get a decision soon. I also have applied for the extension of an open work permit for my spouse and student permits for my kids. Would love to hear about any updates that you may have had from CIC.
Hi, I don’t have any update... I called the last week and they said it is processing... but I do not have any update... what about you?