+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
Have you applied through agent and by yourself?
I applied by myself... but now I am thinking to contact an agent... what do you think? I came here the last year and I applied by myself too and everything was correct and the process took 7 weeks.. but now this process is taking forever...

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
For extension remember you are on implied status so there is no issue most of the time if its late.
Yes it is true... but in my case under my current status I can not work due to I came with ESL student visa... with ESL student visa... you can not work in Canada... today I receive and offer to work in a company as a part time but I do not have the study permit extension without restriction in order to obtain the SIN... this situation is frustrating....

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
I called IRCC on Monday and they said that they will send a message to the agent, who is processing my application. Today I called again to ask for any update... she was nos happy because I called two days ago... she said that the agent did not send any message and I need to wait. I went to the University to get some help and the said they will help me after 2-3 weeks... because I need to wait... or they recommend me to find and agent to try to boost the process... what do you think? Find an agent?

Reactions: vuhatran

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
I called IRCC on Monday and they said that they will send a message to the agent, who is processing my application. Today I called again to ask for any update... she was nos happy because I called two days ago... she said that the agent did not send any message and I need to wait. I went to the University to get some help and the said they will help me after 2-3 weeks... because I need to wait... or they recommend me to find and agent to try to boost the process... what do you think? Find an agent?
Well don't push them too hard because right now I am rushing to complete a fresh application before the expiry of my original study permit. My extension was refused because the letter from the university did not have an expected completion date. So instead of asking me to get a letter from the university with expected end date, my application was refused. I would say hold off for a week at least before calling again. I doubt that hiring an agent will get the process moving any faster. :-/

vuhatran

May 11, 2015
Well don't push them too hard because right now I am rushing to complete a fresh application before the expiry of my original study permit. My extension was refused because the letter from the university did not have an expected completion date. So instead of asking me to get a letter from the university with expected end date, my application was refused. I would say hold off for a week at least before calling again. I doubt that hiring an agent will get the process moving any faster. :-/
I am sorry to hear that. So have you just received the refusal today?

Last edited:

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
Oh my God, I can not believe it! So you need to apply again? You need to restore your status and wait another 2-3 months? Really? It is not fair!!!

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
Thank you for your advise... I will wait another week... I do not have many options... I hope you can solve the problem asap

Reactions: SCW

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Oh my God, I can not believe it! So you need to apply again? You need to restore your status and wait another 2-3 months? Really? It is not fair!!!
Need to apply, refusal letter said I can reapply before Aug 31 which is the expiry of my original permit.

Reactions: ecwg and vuhatran

DeVante

Aug 31, 2018
Hello guys,

Need your input. I have a friend that is in Ontario whose current study permit expires January 2019 (Shes done her program in October) and she plans on attending a different school in Manitoba (still a DLI) however it will be for a September 2019 Intake.

1) Does she just apply for an extension even though it starts in September or will she need a new study permit

2) If she gets a new study permit, what date will be on the permit? She will still be able to stay in Canada and/or work (within conditions of study permit) until school starts?

3) if she gets an extension which date will be there? will she be able to stay

Thanks so much for your help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. If she has been accepted to the new program an extension is fine. Make sure the college qualifies for PGWP. DLI isn't important. She should stick to public colleges.
2. She will not be able to work until she starts school again in Sept 2019. The break between classes is too long. Not sure what the new expiry date will be but after the 2nd course is finished.
3. She can stay but can't work.

Last edited:

DeVante

Aug 31, 2018
1. If she has been accepted to the new program an extension is fine. Make sure the college qualifies for PGWP. DLI isn't important. She should stick to public colleges.
2. She will not be able tower until she starts school again in Sept 2019. The break between classes is too long. Not sure what the new expiry date will be but after the 2nd course is finished.
3. She can stay but can't work.

Thank you so much!! I was actually wondering which issue date they would put on the extension. She should be able to stay though right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much!! I was actually wondering which issue date they would put on the extension. She should be able to stay though right?
Not sure the date. Yes she can stay if she gets extension. Has she received admission for her new school in Manitoba yet? She should make sure she has admission and then apply for a study permit extension. She should apply before or soon after she completes her current course so she has her extension confirmed. She wouldn't leave Canada until extension is confirmed. If there is an earlier entry date that would be much better.

Jgmc

Sep 1, 2018
Hello...I am in the same situation as you! Applied for my extension June 18 and nothing yet..applied for my husband and son..called more than 5 times to IRCC...not much help!!! :( Did you get any updates on yours?

Reactions: ecwg

ecwg

Aug 3, 2018
Hello...I am in the same situation as you! Applied for my extension June 18 and nothing yet..applied for my husband and son..called more than 5 times to IRCC...not much help!!! :( Did you get any updates on yours?
Hi! I do not have any update... I am still waiting. Today is my 75th day (application date: June 18) and counting... I will start my classes the next week... but my study permit will expire on November...