+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT EXTENSION: Share your timelines

Mariam Elsawy

Aug 13, 2016
I am also waiting for study permit extension applied on 24th october and I need extension to apply for pgwp. I am just wondering will I get extension or no because my course is completed. Please reply me
I have no answer for you, unfortunately. I am just an international student like you in the same situation. The advisor at my school (Carleton University) said they definitely should extend our study permits for us in order to allow us 180 days to apply for PGWP. Hopefully that is true. I applied for my extension on October 11 so I'll let you know what happens with me. So far, no updates.

Reactions: Kkaramjeet

Mariam Elsawy

Aug 13, 2016
its holiday season. I do not know if they are going to process applications before January :(
You're right, but the IRCC website says that the processing times they display include holidays and that we shouldn't worry about holidays when we are counting our processing times. So they should still remain at the same pace of working through applications

Dec 28, 2019
I am also waiting for study permit extension applied on 24th october and I need extension to apply for pgwp. I am just wondering will I get extension or no because my course is completed. Please reply me
I am on the same boat brother, I had applied for extension on September 24 but still did not get any answer yet. Worst part is I have already got a job and can not join them :(.

Reactions: Kkaramjeet

Kkaramjeet

Dec 24, 2019
I have no answer for you, unfortunately. I am just an international student like you in the same situation. The advisor at my school (Carleton University) said they definitely should extend our study permits for us in order to allow us 180 days to apply for PGWP. Hopefully that is true. I applied for my extension on October 11 so I'll let you know what happens with me. So far, no updates.
Okay thank you for your response.

Kkaramjeet

Dec 24, 2019
I am on the same boat brother, I had applied for extension on September 24 but still did not get any answer yet. Worst part is I have already got a job and can not join them :(.
My 2 friends applied on 26th september and got approval on 30th november and their study permit was expiring on november 30th. I think we should also get response until or after december 30th.

RajDs

Dec 5, 2019
I am in a similar situation as well except that I will be receiving my degree completion certificates and my official transcripts only after the holidays. I had applied for the study permit extension on October 3rd and am yet to receive a response. I wonder if anyone else had received any updates during the vacation period.