+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT EXTENSION: Share your timelines

Mariam Elsawy

Aug 13, 2016
I applied for a study permit within Canada on October 11th, 2019.

Still have not received any updates. Today is December 3rd, 2019.

When I applied, processing time said 39 days. Today it says 99 days.

Anyone in the same situation?

Reactions: Shakil1993

RajDs

Dec 5, 2019
I had applied for my study permit extension October 3rd and I am still waiting. Have you received any updates since your post?

I felt that there might have been a possibility that I would get the approval this week since some folks who had applied within the time period of September 23-25 had apparently received their approvals last week. I came across this discussion in another thread.

Mariam Elsawy

Aug 13, 2016
I had applied for my study permit extension October 3rd and I am still waiting. Have you received any updates since your post?

I felt that there might have been a possibility that I would get the approval this week since some folks who had applied within the time period of September 23-25 had apparently received their approvals last week. I came across this discussion in another thread.
Unfortunately haven't received any updates. I'm surprised people who have applied September 23-25 received approvals when the website says "working on applications received August 29th". I hope we receive some updates soon because I booked a flight to visit back home on Dec 29th and I need my study permit ASAP.

einjw2999

Dec 6, 2019
I applied for my student permit extension on October 18th, and I haven't received any updates...

However, I heared that the people who applied for their extension on September received their response last week, so I think we will receive ours soon. I hope we can get our SP asap. My friends and I are anxiously waiting for our SP since we have already booked our flights to go back home too...

By the way, can you please tell us when you receive your reponse? Thanks!

RajDs

Dec 5, 2019
I will revert back to this thread once I receive a response. Have any of you heard anything back over the course of the last few days? I hope that other folks who had applied for an extension during October are all waiting just like we are.

RajDs

Dec 5, 2019
Still nothing:(
I guess we will just have to keep waiting. You mentioned that your friends have also been waiting for their SP extensions. Did they apply in October as well and have any of them received their approvals yet?

Bhavani1234

Dec 22, 2019
I applied for a study permit within Canada on October 11th, 2019.

Still have not received any updates. Today is December 3rd, 2019.

When I applied, processing time said 39 days. Today it says 99 days.

Anyone in the same situation?
Hi I have done with my course. Im also in same boat. My extension is getting delayed. Can i go ahead and apply for pgwp instead of waiting?

einjw2999

Dec 6, 2019
I guess we will just have to keep waiting. You mentioned that your friends have also been waiting for their SP extensions. Did they apply in October as well and have any of them received their approvals yet?
:(She hasn't received any news either. We have to cancel our trip, that's frustrating...

Mariam Elsawy

Aug 13, 2016
Hi I have done with my course. Im also in same boat. My extension is getting delayed. Can i go ahead and apply for pgwp instead of waiting?
As far as I know, you can only apply for a PGWP within Canada if you have a valid study permit. That's why you need to get your study permit extended first then apply for PGWP. That's what I'm doing as I'm also done with my program.

You can apply for a PGWP without a valid study permit IF you leave Canada and apply from outside. That's what the IRCC web page says: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html

Reactions: Kkaramjeet

Kkaramjeet

Dec 24, 2019
As far as I know, you can only apply for a PGWP within Canada if you have a valid study permit. That's why you need to get your study permit extended first then apply for PGWP. That's what I'm doing as I'm also done with my program.

You can apply for a PGWP without a valid study permit IF you leave Canada and apply from outside. That's what the IRCC web page says: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html
I am also waiting for study permit extension applied on 24th october and I need extension to apply for pgwp. I am just wondering will I get extension or no because my course is completed. Please reply me