+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Processing Time

Sadstudent

Dec 19, 2021
Anyone know if I have withdrawn an application how long will it take to show that on the application portal? Is it the same as the processing time?

ShirlyL

Jun 13, 2021
Hi Guys, my study permit extension was approved yesterday, applied on Sep 30, 2021. No email just got an update in the account. Thanks to everyone supporting each other in very stressful last couple of months. Good luck to everyone.
Congrats! I am so happy for you!

marleesingh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi Guys, my study permit extension was approved yesterday, applied on Sep 30, 2021. No email just got an update in the account. Thanks to everyone supporting each other in very stressful last couple of months. Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations!
Did you keep calling IRCC 1-800 number to get updates? since they did not notify you by email.
It gets tiring because there is never any updates with the 1-800.
Just the same old recording..."we are reviewing..."

yferguson

Feb 16, 2022
Hi all,

I wonder has anyone recently gotten their study permit extension approved and how long did it take? I submitted mine on Nov 15. At that time they claimed the processing time to be 56 days but now it has been over 2 months. Can anyone please share their timeline? Thanks!!

marleesingh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Do you mean 2021? or 2020? If 2020 then it's ridiculous. Ask your MP to check for you what is holding the application. Or apply for a Writ of Mandamus with a lawyer.
Thank you. My case is also ridiculous from 2020.
I will be contacting a lawyer for this Writ of Mandamus.
I've heard people say MP doesn't get any results faster
IRCC is not a free service.
Just like any other paid services results should be done in a timely manner.
IMO, Its not unusual to find employees that don't do their jobs