+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Processing Time

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
i applied sp extension AUG3 2021 not even a single update yet!!! tried calling them, tried gcms note but still no luck!!!!
idk what to do so depressing situation

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
I'm studying a 1year program in Canada, i'll be graduating in April 2022 and my visa expires April 30 2022. I intend to take a second program for May 2022 intake program but all programs are full only Sept 2022 intake left. I decided to apply for Study extension for September 2022 intake. After graduating i need to wait about 4 months to resume for my new program.

My question is has anyone being in this situation where by you wanted to apply for a second program (1+1) but the only available intake is in 4 months. Will the gap affect my study permit application?

marleesingh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Got Approval some minutes ago.

Applied October 16, 2021
Eligibility started: Feb. 25, 2021
Approval: Feb. 25, 2021
Congratulations! thanks for update.
Many people never update
So your eligiblity started on Fe.25m and you got approved SAME DAY?
1)Did you apply under COVID public policy?
2)Was update in your email or the 1-888 number?
Thanks

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
Congratulations! thanks for update.
Many people never update
So your eligiblity started on Fe.25m and you got approved SAME DAY?
1)Did you apply under COVID public policy?
2)Was update in your email or the 1-888 number?
Thanks
Hi

I do check my GC-Key everyday life 5 times a day. So around 11 am I saw that review has just started for my application.

I started monitoring continuously and after 30 mins, I saw that the application has been approved.

Below are the things I did prior to today:

1. Applied webform: 3 times. Asking for update and telling them I want to travel to my country so I need an update to apply for a TRV
2. Wrote to my MP and he communicated that the agen he spoke with said he was going to send a mail to the office responsible for my application to action it. This was like 10 days ago
3. Applied for GCMS notes and when i received it last week, only information sharing had been completed. Nothing else.

So till now no email but only update in the GC-Key showing approval and the Document number.

Thanks

marleesingh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi

I do check my GC-Key everyday life 5 times a day. So around 11 am I saw that review has just started for my application.

I started monitoring continuously and after 30 mins, I saw that the application has been approved.

1. Applied webform: 3 times. Asking for update and telling them I want to travel to my country so I need an update to apply for a TRV
2. Wrote to my MP and he communicated that the agen he spoke with said he was going to send a mail to the office responsible for my application to action it. This was like 10 days ago
3. Applied for GCMS notes and when i received it last week, only information sharing had been completed. Nothing else.

So till now no email but only update in the GC-Key showing approval and the Document number.

Thanks
Thanks
All the best!

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
i applied sp extension AUG3 2021 not even a single update yet!!! tried calling them, tried gcms note but still no luck!!!!
idk what to do so depressing situation
Contact your MP to ask for an update for you. It helps in most cases and I think that helped in my case

Reactions: jjj123545

pir4cy

Jan 12, 2022
I'm studying a 1year program in Canada, i'll be graduating in April 2022 and my visa expires April 30 2022. I intend to take a second program for May 2022 intake program but all programs are full only Sept 2022 intake left. I decided to apply for Study extension for September 2022 intake. After graduating i need to wait about 4 months to resume for my new program.

My question is has anyone being in this situation where by you wanted to apply for a second program (1+1) but the only available intake is in 4 months. Will the gap affect my study permit application?
Hi, the 4-month break is completely fine! I am currently on the 4-month break. I graduated from a 1 year program in Dec 2021, and will start my next program in May 2022.

Reactions: francis009

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Contact your MP to ask for an update for you. It helps in most cases and I think that helped in my case
could you explain your case and what did your MP do?
i checked my MP's website and found his email to contact
Should i send an email to his email id explaining my situation???

Last edited:

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
Hi, the 4-month break is completely fine! I am currently on the 4-month break. I graduated from a 1 year program in Dec 2021, and will start my next program in May 2022.
thank you so much for your response. I would like to ask, have you gotten your study extension permit? Secondly can i work during the maintained status period. Thank you

ShirlyL

Jun 13, 2021
Hi

Thanks
Can you elaborate a bit on how did you find your MP and write to him?

Sadstudent

Dec 19, 2021
Hey guys someone applied on January 25th and got their approval today for both study and work permit extension. Like wtf is the IRCC doing? I myself have applied on January 10th and a lot of people here have applied way before that

marleesingh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hey guys someone applied on January 25th and got their approval today for both study and work permit extension. Like wtf is the IRCC doing? I myself have applied on January 10th and a lot of people here have applied way before that
Thats the million dollar question(lol) because you have people who apply and get approved a month later, yet you have people waiting almost 2-years with no decision. Considering IRCC say they have all these new APPS.
How long does it take to review eligibility, when they have all the documents according to GMS notes?