+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Processing Time

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
Can you elaborate a bit on how did you find your MP and write to him?
Just do a google search and put "who is my MP" or who is the MP for xxxxx (where xxx is your location or address). Your MP will pop up. Now search the address from this url https://www.ourcommons.ca/en/contact-us and send him or her an email to help you get an update on your file. they will ask for details like your address, phone number, application number etc

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
Yes I am going to graduate from current program this summer, the extension was for my second program for Sep 2022 intake.
Oh great, i'm graduating this April 22nd. I already applied for a study permit extension on Feb 19th for a second program for Sep 2022 intake. I hope they process our files fast. Congratulations once again.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Hi All, My bro got study permit until the end of Sep this year and he applied for a study permit extension last week. His current course end date is Aug 30 and he got study permit until sep end. Usually, they will provide study permit for 3 months + course end date right? Any idea how soon we can expect a decision? Current processing time?

Also, i have one more question. Is it advisable to take next course for Jan 2023 or Sep 2022? Since his current study permit is valid only until sep 30, can i get him enrolled in a new course for Jan 2023 or it should be within the existing study permit validity date?

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
I got approval yesterday. Application submitted on January 20, the eligibility review starts at March 10, and got approval on March 14.
How do you know when does your eligibility review start? Is that the message "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"? I thought this is just an automated message because I got no notifications for this.
Oh great, i'm graduating this April 22nd. I already applied for a study permit extension on Feb 19th for a second program for Sep 2022 intake. I hope they process our files fast. Congratulations once again.
Can you keep me updated as well? I submitted mine one Feb 28th. Hope we get approval soon.

Claire1512

May 6, 2018
How do you know when does your eligibility review start? Is that the message "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"? I thought this is just an automated message because I got no notifications for this.

Can you keep me updated as well? I submitted mine one Feb 28th. Hope we get approval soon.
I checked my status everyday, and I noticed there was an update of my status on March 10 changing from "we will send you a message when eligibility review starts" to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility", so I know eligibility review started even though I didn't really receive any message or notification.

Reactions: vhptanh@97

WilliamSilva

Star Member
Mar 25, 2022
I've applied on Feb 11th nothing yet. I am concerned because I am supposed to start working by May 2nd, otherwise I won't graduate.

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Just got approval. Applied on feb 9th 2022.
Congrats. Can I ask if you submitted your transcript too? I don’t see it as a required document, but I still attach my unofficial transcript just in case. But I have seen some posts about submitting an official transcript is a requirement.

Mb11

Dec 2, 2019
Congrats. Can I ask if you submitted your transcript too? I don’t see it as a required document, but I still attach my unofficial transcript just in case. But I have seen some posts about submitting an official transcript is a requirement.
Yes i did attach my unofficial transcript.

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
Yes i did attach my unofficial transcript.
Congrats Mb11. please do you mind sharing the documents you submitted and if it's 1+1 program. I heard some province process study extensions fast compared to Ontario office. thank you.

Mb11

Dec 2, 2019
Congrats Mb11. please do you mind sharing the documents you submitted and if it's 1+1 program. I heard some province process study extensions fast compared to Ontario office. thank you.
I am in vancouver

so it wasn’t an additional program but due to covid our program got delayed by 3 months.

The documents included
Stamped pages of my passport, photo, financial summary and statements, letters from my university saying i need work permit and study permit extension, cover letter, tuition fee payment receipt and unofficial transcript.

Reactions: francis009