+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension outside Canada

Jul 11, 2019
My study permit is expiring soon and I need to get it renewed. I'm currently outside Canada and I'm aware that I need to be present in the country to renew it. Given the current pandemic, flying back is not the most feasible option which means that my only option is to apply for a new study permit and this brings to my main question. Do I need to give an English proficiency test again in order to apply for a new study permit even though I've been studying in Canada since 2019 at the same university?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
If you are required to apply for a new study permit, yes, you will go through the same process. How soon is your permit expiring? Can you travel to Canada with a negative result plus 3 days mandatory quarantine and the remaining 11 days? Save yourself the hassle of going through the application again.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
My study permit is expiring soon and I need to get it renewed. I'm currently outside Canada and I'm aware that I need to be present in the country to renew it. Given the current pandemic, flying back is not the most feasible option which means that my only option is to apply for a new study permit and this brings to my main question. Do I need to give an English proficiency test again in order to apply for a new study permit even though I've been studying in Canada since 2019 at the same university?
I believe you should be able to extend. Talk with IRCC.

Jul 11, 2019
If you are required to apply for a new study permit, yes, you will go through the same process. How soon is your permit expiring? Can you travel to Canada with a negative result plus 3 days mandatory quarantine and the remaining 11 days? Save yourself the hassle of going through the application again.
You’re right about saving the hassle of re applying all over again. I just have a question. Let’s say I extend my study permit online and put my relative’s address so it gets mailed there. Is it legal/possible for them to mail it over to me and then I can apply for a TRV from here with the new study permit?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
You’re right about saving the hassle of re applying all over again. I just have a question. Let’s say I extend my study permit online and put my relative’s address so it gets mailed there. Is it legal/possible for them to mail it over to me and then I can apply for a TRV from here with the new study permit?
I believe you can do that. Make sure they choose the best shipping company like DHL, mail are taking forever to reach destinations due to covid.

Rahul_Singla

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
I am in same situation, Can you please share how did you apply for Study permit ?