+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension delay- unpaid biometrics?

aponce

Dec 9, 2023
Hi, I submitted a SP extension in July 27 2023, and I got a request to submit biometrics (aug 29), which were submitted and paid for in a timely manner (sep 5). However, after leaving Service Canada I noticed in the receipt that ONE of the digits in the IRCC number did not match the same given in my Biometrics Letter Request. I had no way to check if these were correctly submitted. I called IRCC to no avail, and I called Service Canada, whom had no data since the biometrics are encrypted. I visited the branch that collected my biometrics and they let me collect them again in Sep 20 (they still had no information whether it was submitted correctly), but no one requested me to pay for them again. In Oct 5, IRCC emailed me saying they received my biometrics. I haven't heard from them since. My application is still processing and is way over processing times at the moment. Could the delay be caused by the unpaid biometrics (2nd submission)? There's no information available in the webpage, I am not even sure they received the first biometrics.