+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

She777

May 29, 2020
Anyone here submitted their application in March right before they cancelled all the biometrics within Canada. Now I’m just waiting to give my biometrics and I don’t think I can check my application status.

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Applied May 12
Got Biometrics Correspondence Letter May 27
Got Approval today, but no e-mail.
Good luck for everyone else!

But they extended my study permit for s shorter time than the duration of my studies. Is that normal? Did it happened with anyone else? My program ends in 2023, but they only extended my permit until 2021.
Were you able to do your biometrics procedure?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Wanted to update... I applied in late January and was approved on April 28th. But didn't receive the permit till May 29th. I guess it was lost in the mail.

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I just checked and all of our applications were approved (I applied for my husband's SOWP and daughter's visitor record extensions along with my SP extension).

Applied 29 Feb
Biometric correspondence 20 May
Approval 1st June

I didn't receive an email. Good luck to those still waiting!

Luye

Jul 26, 2019
Some background info. I changed my dli earlier this week and applied for an extension, my study permit expires tomorrow. It’s my understanding that the new extension will come in mail with the new school stated

however I was kind of pressured by family to pick the school i chose and I’m having some serious regret? Would it be possible that once i get my new extension In the mail to change DLI once more and put the school I actually want? The program i want states that i should submit a physical permit with the name of the school specifically so how would tht work. If i change dli once i get new permit is there a way to request a new physical copy?

btw im in a unique situation where my family is protected person Waiting for our PR cards so the study permit is a formality kind of, it won’t get denied in case you guys are worried

Luye

Jul 26, 2019
In summary anyone ever change dli, applied for an extension. Got new permit with the new school and able to change dli’s once again and receive a new physical permit? I don’t know if this is even possible

Jun 1, 2020
Hello,
I applied for my study permit extension for myself and work permit extension for my spouse and it was extended until August 31. my course ends on august 21 and I will not receive my transcripts and degree until august 31 to apply for my PGWP. I am afraid we both will be out status after I graduate as there will not be enough time for both of us to apply for work permits. is there anything I can do to get an additional 90 days grace period to apply for PGWP.

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
I just checked and all of our applications were approved (I applied for my husband's SOWP and daughter's visitor record extensions along with my SP extension).

Applied 29 Feb
Biometric correspondence 20 May
Approval 1st June

I didn't receive an email. Good luck to those still waiting!
Did you had to do the actual biometric procedure?

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Hey just wanted to share my profile
Application submitted and background check started - 7th April
Study permit expired- 5th May
Correspondence letter and review of eligibility started- 21st May
Application Approved- 26th May
(It says background check was completed on 7th April and eligibility on 21st May)
Good luck to everyone else waiting for their applications :)
Did you actually had to do the biometrics or the SP Extension was approved without doing that?

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
My study permit extension along with my husband open work permit extension is approved today. I applied on May 1,2020 and received biometric validity correspondence this morning and approval an hour ago. It was very quick as the processing time showed 112 days when I filed my application.
Did you actually had to do the biometrics or the SP Extension was approved without doing that?