+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

efgyab

Mar 2, 2020
I got In Canada Approval Letter today after my SPE was approved yesterday!
Anyone got this and how long do I expect my SPE itself?
Applied Nov. 23rd!

Zoe_W

May 4, 2020
Hey guys !!!!
I just got approved
I didn’t get any notifications in my emails but I just checked my account.
my eligibility started on May 11th, Medical exam passed on May 11th.
Student permit extension approved on May 12th until July 29th. Thank you everyone who posted and shared their experiences.
Good luck to all those who are waiting !!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

mnsq41

May 11, 2020
To all the november applicants, I spoke to an agent again this morning after being put on hold for 45 minutes. He told me that there are still a lot of november applications being processed because they received a higher number than usual applications. He told me that they are aware of the november applications being delayed, and the office in Edmonton is doing their best to process them under reduced staff. He said that when the covid hit in March, the application review process was at a complete halt, and now they are back to working again. I'm assuming we will hear back within a month or so. I will take his words for it just so i can sleep better at night lol. So i guess back to the waiting game, it will come.

Zoe_W

May 4, 2020
To all the november applicants, I spoke to an agent again this morning after being put on hold for 45 minutes. He told me that there are still a lot of november applications being processed because they received a higher number than usual applications. He told me that they are aware of the november applications being delayed, and the office in Edmonton is doing their best to process them under reduced staff. He said that when the covid hit in March, the application review process was at a complete halt, and now they are back to working again. I'm assuming we will hear back within a month or so. I will take his words for it just so i can sleep better at night lol. So i guess back to the waiting game, it will come.
Thanks for your information. I can sleep better now. Hope we all could get our extension soon.

Reactions: mnsq41
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
Hi my fellow November applicants,

Our SP application finally got approved today after more than 5 months in processing. We applied on November 23rd. The good news is that, IRCC actually set the expiry date of this new SP to match with the new LoA that we added through the web form. The original LoA has the program's end date on September, 2020.

Our timeline:
  • Application submitted : November 23rd, 2019
  • New LoA sent through webform : February 20th, 2019
  • Application approved : May 14th, 2020
Btw, there's no update email at all. We had to login to IRCC account to check the status.

Zoe_W

May 4, 2020
Hi my fellow November applicants,

Our SP application finally got approved today after more than 5 months in processing. We applied on November 23rd. The good news is that, IRCC actually set the expiry date of this new SP to match with the new LoA that we added through the web form. The original LoA has the program's end date on September, 2020.

Our timeline:
  • Application submitted : November 23rd, 2019
  • New LoA sent through webform : February 20th, 2019
  • Application approved : May 14th, 2020
Btw, there's no update email at all. We had to login to IRCC account to check the status.
What’s the LoA?