+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
This is incredibly frustrating and no reason at all. I hope you get your approval as soon as possible. But literally, I am having the most stressful times of my life in these days.
If you are from the states, you might also be able to apply for your study permit at the border. Or might be able to return to Canada if you visited the states.

Last edited:

Sehajnarula

May 4, 2020
Hey guys !!!!
I just got approved
I didn’t get any notifications in my emails but I just checked my account.
my eligibility started on May 11th, Medical exam passed on May 11th.
Student permit extension approved on May 12th until July 29th. Thank you everyone who posted and shared their experiences.
Good luck to all those who are waiting !!!

Sehajnarula

May 4, 2020
One more question I have my old address on the file.
If I call them tomorrow they can change it and send the permit to my new address?
and how long does it take to get the permit via mail ?

aydongs

May 6, 2020
If you are from the states, you might also be able to apply for your study permit at the border. Or might be able to return to Canada if you visited the states.
Unfortunately, I am not from US, but if they continue to not approve my application, I will try tourist visa. I have to come back to Canada in some point. I am still paying rent, all my clothes and stuff there, even my money is there in the bank. I have a life there and I am just stuck in my country now :( I am not sure that I should tell them my situation in detail, but I am afraid that it'll impact their decision negatively

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hey so, the update I got was on my pgwp app not my study permit extension. I didn't apply for the pgwp with an official letter because I thought I had to apply before or on march 31(don't think that was true). They gave me till 11 august to submit further documentation on pgwp. Still nothing on study permit
You applied for PGWP on March 31st? And SP Ext on November 21st and nothing yet?

arsh170

May 13, 2020
Just wanted to confirm one thing
For co-op/ internship do people get work permit as well along with study permit ?

aydongs

May 6, 2020
Just wanted to confirm one thing
For co-op/ internship do people get work permit as well along with study permit ?
No, when you are applying for study permit, if your study requires coop, then you apply them together. But you will receive study permit and work permit differently. If you didn't apply for coop, then you have to fill another application for coop which will be free of charge.

arsh170

May 13, 2020
No, when you are applying for study permit, if your study requires coop, then you apply them together. But you will receive study permit and work permit differently. If you didn't apply for coop, then you have to fill another application for coop which will be free of charge.
Yeah
I got study permit with different document number and work permit with different number .
It’s fine
Right ?

this will not affect PGWP after studies ?