+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

efgyab

Mar 2, 2020
I also applied Nov 21st and nothing yet, but I had the ghost update earlier today so I'm assuming by tomorrow I should know. Hopefully the result is a positive one. Maybe that means you'll know by tomorrow as well! Good luck to all of you
Yes, you will get approved tomorrow. I had a ghost update yesterday and got approved today!
I am super happy because I got SPE approved until earlier next yr.
Thanks a lot everyone, and I pray those who are still waiting to get it soon!
Cheers

Muffinandcakes

Apr 25, 2019
I got a letter of correspondence regarding my biometrics today. What does that indicate?
Hi tapperb, it indicates you’re likely to receive a decision with a few days. May I know when did you apply? Did your application status changed before you received the correspondence letter?

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I applied on February 29 and I'm a bit worried now that they have moved on to March 11. Have any of the remaining February applicants received updates yet?

aydongs

May 6, 2020
I applied on February 29 and I'm a bit worried now that they have moved on to March 11. Have any of the remaining February applicants received updates yet?
They don't follow an order. There are also many more people still waiting from November, January and February. I don't what are their logic in this kind of system. I applied in November 22 and no update. When I called them and wrote them, the answer is always same; processing.

Reactions: hhzara

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I've been reading that that there are pending applications from November, but didn't realize that January and February were pending too. I might try to call them early tomorrow morning and see what they say. Just might have to wait it out I guess.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
They don't follow an order. There are also many more people still waiting from November, January and February. I don't what are their logic in this kind of system. I applied in November 22 and no update. When I called them and wrote them, the answer is always same; processing.
Agree. I think they think into a variety of factors. My program started a week ago already so maybe they might be prioritizing those that are starting already?

Reactions: hhzara

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Agree. I think they think into a variety of factors. My program started a week ago already so maybe they might be prioritizing those that are starting already?
That makes sense. I got done in April, just waiting for the permit so I can apply for my PGWP. Hope we all get our permits soon!

aydongs

May 6, 2020
My program was starting in the beginning of April. Because I am in abroad, I wasn't able to attend online classes so I postponed it to July. But I haven't said that I postponed it. My study permit and visa are already expired and it has been 6 months that I applied. I don't understand what should be the reason they don't prioritize my application

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My program was starting in the beginning of April. Because I am in abroad, I wasn't able to attend online classes so I postponed it to July. But I haven't said that I postponed it. My study permit and visa are already expired and it has been 6 months that I applied. I don't understand what should be the reason they don't prioritize my application
Are you applying study permit or study permit extension? If you applied for extension and you are abroad then you are now out of status.

aydongs

May 6, 2020
Are you applying study permit or study permit extension? If you applied for extension and you are abroad then you are now out of status.
I applied for extension and when I left the country, my study permit was valid. I was gonna come back before it expired. But because of the current situation, I couldn't come back. And also, they didn't inform me that I am out of status. They say that I am still in process. Where is this information that I am out of status?