+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

ssandhuuuu

Mar 31, 2020
Another day to watch and wait.

Might be a bit of a good/bad news but someone else who claims to apply in November got their study permit extension refused yesterday. Not sure what day they applied though so can't speculate on what is happening.
what was the reason for rejection?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Another day to watch and wait.

Might be a bit of a good/bad news but someone else who claims to apply in November got their study permit extension refused yesterday. Not sure what day they applied though so can't speculate on what is happening.
Refused?? What did they do wrong

mohakcan

Mar 26, 2020
Hi, I applied on December 30 and yesterday I got an email that they started reviewing my eligibility.

Today I didn't get any email but when I checked my account it said "April 14, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. "

"April 15, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details. "

I checked the messages but there isn't any new messages, only the one from yesterday about my bio-metrics still being valid.

There is also a new section:

Document Status Help - Document Status
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document number Status Expiry date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
*** *** Study Permit *** Your document is valid. 2021/08/31 2020/04/15 *** ***

This means it was extended until 31.08.2021 right? but how can I get my new Study permit? the physical paper I mean, do they send it by mail or what ?

Last edited:

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
Hi, I applied on December 30 and yesterday I got an email that they started reviewing my eligibility.

Today I didn't get any email but when I checked my account it said "April 14, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. "

"April 15, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details. "

I checked the messages but there isn't any new messages, only the one from yesterday about my bio-metrics still being valid.

There is also a new section:

Document Status Help - Document Status
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document number Status Expiry date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
*** *** Study Permit *** Your document is valid. 2021/08/31 2020/04/15 *** ***

This means it was extended until 31.08.2021 right? but how can I get my new Study permit? the physical paper I mean, do they send it by mail or what ?
They will mail you the copy in a week or 2

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you now that my study permit extension has been approved today.
Here's my timeline:
Date of Application: January 2, 2020
Approved: April 15, 2020
I was so frustrated like many of you checking the status multiple times a day! My biometrics was done a year ago.
Best wishes guys! STAY STRONG!!! Bye.

Sukainam

Apr 3, 2020
I just don’t understand why November applicants are not getting any responses. And there is no way where we can contact the office and ask for atleast some kind of explanation. I applied on Nov 17 and no response yet. Still showing that they are reviewing my eligibility!