+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
So i was about to sign in and the message on IRCC log in says that they have new processing criteria. They will put a pause on most applications and will be processing those with travel exemptions. will this affect us?
No, it won't affect SPE applications. It doesn't say any changes to SP extensions applications. Most changes on visitor visas (from outside Canada). Go through this link for complete info - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
So i was about to sign in and the message on IRCC log in says that they have new processing criteria. They will put a pause on most applications and will be processing those with travel exemptions. will this affect us?
I just read it now. I don't think it applied to us specifically as was said on the page. The study and work permit rules applies to applications made outside Canada.

rashi fal

Apr 6, 2020
Reactions: Tinashar

SPEXT099

Apr 11, 2020
Hi, I got my study permit extended to finish my last semester however in the Conditions it says MUST LEAVE CANADA BY [Date]. Date meaning the end date of my extension. Is this normal condition for everyone extending study permit? I plan on applying for a PGWP when finishing.

Thanks

efgyab

Mar 2, 2020
Hi, I got my study permit extended to finish my last semester however in the Conditions it says MUST LEAVE CANADA BY [Date]. Date meaning the end date of my extension. Is this normal condition for everyone extending study permit? I plan on applying for a PGWP when finishing.

Thanks
When did you apply and when you got approval, please?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019

Thanks
That's normal for most (all) study permits. I'm not sure it comes with the initial one. When did you apply if I may ask, and when did you get the approval?

SPEXT099

Apr 11, 2020
That's normal for most (all) study permits. I'm not sure it comes with the initial one. When did you apply if I may ask, and when did you get the approval?
Thanks
I applied on December 10 and got approval for extension last week April 3

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Applied on 23rd Nov., still nothing, not even an update!
Right now I am resigned to the fact that we are part of a backlog and those [sensitive word 1] won't go back to complete those application before they level off the processing time, which says more about them than it does about us.

The way I see it, they are trying to maintain the current processing time so are running through December applications. The unfortunate thing for us is we can't call their helplines and the webform appears to be preloaded with robotic jargon mostly. We will see alot more people that applied after us get processed before ours I'm sure.

[sensitive word 2]!

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
Thanks. in my case i have submitted a study permit extension for me and an OWP for my spouse who is residing outside canada.
Any input on this case
If you (SPE) and your spouse (OWP) applied together while both were in Canada, then both applications will be processed together. Even if you and/or your spouse left Canada after the application was submitted, then also it will not affect the processing.

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
Stay strong folks! My friends who applied on Dec. 6 got approval on April 2nd and one who applied on Dec. 20 got approval on April 9. Both had biometrics done a year ago. If anybody got approval for application after Dec. 20, please let us know!

ssandhuuuu

Mar 31, 2020
Stay strong folks! My friends who applied on Dec. 6 got approval on April 2nd and one who applied on Dec. 20 got approval on April 9. Both had biometrics done a year ago. If anybody got approval for application after Dec. 20, please let us know!
Most of us applied in late November and are still waiting!!