+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
How long an extension did they give? I mean how many months past graduation.
I graduated on 28 January 2020 but according to enrollment letter my study will finish in April 26, 2020 because it is according to 3 semesters . They gave me extension of 3 months starting from 04 march 2020 to 04 June 2020, the rest of time period after 30 November 2019 ( expiry of study permit), will be stated on study permit as this person maintained this status ( implied status ) from this date to this date under this section .

efgyab

Mar 2, 2020
Anyone receiving this message every month? I applied on November 23rd. KInda worried about the slow processing time.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi friends
My application was approved today.Thankyou so much for support.I hope everyone gets the positive results.I applied on 6th November and approved on March 6th,2020.I got 1 month extension

Reactions: Pranav28992

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hi friends
My application was approved today.Thankyou so much for support.I hope everyone gets the positive results.I applied on 6th November and approved on March 6th,2020.I got 1 month extension
congrats but extension is very less just 1 month. your enrollment letter states on which date your study will finish ?

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
congrats but extension is very less just 1 month. your enrollment letter states on which date your study will finish ?
Bro because I just need a one day to apply pgwp and trv as well.So this time would be enough for me

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
You got only one month extension and the processing time to get TRV is 23 days , how it will work ? m confused:confused:
Heyyy I have applied for work permit today with valid study permit and trv is different from visitor visa.I had a conversation today with immigration lawyer .He told you just need a stamp on passport to come back from home.The immigration officer can provide you with 6months time.He told me that he will also attach the explanation letter.

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Heyyy I have applied for work permit today with valid study permit and trv is different from visitor visa.I had a conversation today with immigration lawyer .He told you just need a stamp on passport to come back from home.The immigration officer can provide you with 6months time.He told me that he will also attach the explanation letter.
Can you explain what you mean? what is the difference between trv and visitor visa. I had the impression that they were the same thing.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You got only one month extension and the processing time to get TRV is 23 days , how it will work ? m confused:confused:
You only need a valid study permit (technically any permit) to apply for PGWP and after that study permit doesn't matter, after you get PGWP you then apply for TRV.