+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
You only need a valid study permit (technically any permit) to apply for PGWP and after that study permit doesn't matter, after you get PGWP you then apply for TRV.
Ya same thing I am saying that on the basis of one month study permit extension , it is not possible to get a TRV( how they gonna stamp TRV for few days ) , he need to wait until he will get PGWP.

Iking

Feb 8, 2020
Hi i applied new student permit (not an extension) last nov 11, 2019 and got the decision today march 9, 2020.

Iking

Feb 8, 2020
From within Canada? But how could you apply for a new study permit within Canada? Elaborate please.
Yes within Canada but i got refused. They said " You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country."

igwe1

Feb 9, 2020
Yes within Canada but i got refused. They said " You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country."
You can only apply within canada if you have a work permit or has done prerequisite course leading to a study - “Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a student”