+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

65578ghj

Feb 9, 2020
hey guys,
I applied on November 23rd. And just got monthly update "You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

What a hell is that? I think this is the most painful moment to keep application for 4 months:rolleyes:.

I was hoping I could get good news today or tomorrow. I am frustrated and worried than anyone else on earth.

What is this hell?:rolleyes:

Please, I need advice. Should I withdraw my app or call them?
They send this type of email every month and its is common
I get every month since I applied for extension.

efgyab

Mar 2, 2020
No need to withdraw, you will get it in next week for sure, most of the people got it in 120-122 days.
PS: it’s Sunday today so they work at a reduced capacity.
Okay, thanks and I hope so. I am so worried. Never seen this before in my life.

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Thats so depressing guys, I guess everyone of us is graduating and we need study permit before we can apply for our work permit. Everything is shady!

Mik1994

Feb 23, 2020
Thats so depressing guys, I guess everyone of us is graduating and we need study permit before we can apply for our work permit. Everything is shady!
I had an additional complication (Passport was expiring on the 7th of April. So had to come to India to get it renewed as it's pretty fast here). Now I can't give my biometrics for PGWP until the restrictions are lifted.

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I had an additional complication (Passport was expiring on the 7th of April. So had to come to India to get it renewed as it's pretty fast here). Now I can't give my biometrics for PGWP until the restrictions are lifted.
But can you apply for PGWP while your SP extension is being processed?

Mik1994

Feb 23, 2020
But can you apply for PGWP while your SP extension is being processed?
Yeah. You don't need to have a valid SP inorder to apply for PGWP and since I'm applying from India I don't have the issue of requiring a valid status in Canada while applying for the PGWP.

Mik1994

Feb 23, 2020
I applied November 18 and I'm still waiting. processing time is now 120 days so I'm hoping I'll get mine within a couple of days.
I think there might be more delays though because of covid-19 since most offices are closed and people have to work from home. Let's hope for the best
Hey did you get your SP extension?