+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
This is fucking bullshit. No recourse for people who applied in November. Why the fuck do they even have a call center if they don't know what the fuck is going on. Fuck that COVID-19 excuse when applications from those who applied in January are being processed earlier than mine.
It’s so depressing.

trampolinegirl

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Does anyone who got a late November application processed have biometrics already in the system (even though it's not needed for this)? Does anyone who is still waiting from November have biometrics in the system? I wonder if it could be related to that change.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Does anyone who got a late November application processed have biometrics already in the system (even though it's not needed for this)? Does anyone who is still waiting from November have biometrics in the system? I wonder if it could be related to that change.
That is my guess too. The guy from yesterday who applied on the 19th of November and got approved in early April completed his biometrics for PGWP in February sometime.

Asides applying for a PGWP, which hadn't been processed at the time, the only difference between himself and a lot of us is the biometrics that he submitted.

*Another person applied again late March who initially applied in November without response and she got her extension within four days.

It's very hard to connect the dots..

Edit: I have biometrics in the system btw. Valid till 2026.

J Rafols

Mar 20, 2020
That is my guess too. The guy from yesterday who applied on the 19th of November and got approved in early April completed his biometrics for PGWP in February sometime.

Asides applying for a PGWP, which hadn't been processed at the time, the only difference between himself and a lot of us is the biometrics that he submitted.

*Another person applied again late March who initially applied in November without response and she got her extension within four days.

It's very hard to connect the dots..

Edit: I have biometrics in the system btw. Valid till 2026.
The thing is when I submitted my application on November 27, they did not require me for biometrics, they only required biometrics for applications which started December 3, 2019. Sad but true, in my status I do not require biometrics, which was usually being asked at the end of every application, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I could not perform biometrics because upon application I will need a letter from IRCC to do it.

Reactions: Johncerb

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I just sent them a webform and asked them for an explanation. I think we will start getting approvals next week, its just my gut feeling.
webform agents are a joke, it’s better to call them so you can discuss everything better. I can guarantee you that the webform agents will reply with the canned response.

Reactions: sumanth5

sumanth5

Apr 21, 2020
I understand the frustration and tension in people who applied way before in November, but don't worry guys, as they process in batches, may be your batch processing speed is slow. Just wait for it and submit your web form regarding this. You will all get it :)

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Applied Jan 31, biometrics Feb 4, correspondence letter and approved Apr 29.

I think the way CIC treated Nov applications is bs. No excuse to delay any application for so long I really hope they will start to review them soon.

Reactions: ree14

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Where do you check if biometrics is valid? I don’t remember ever giving my biometrics but maybe I have before. It’s been a while