+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

sumanth5

Apr 21, 2020
I have applied on Jan 29th, updated my bio-metrics on Feb 3rd, received my correspondence letter today, does that mean I will get the decision soon?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Applied nov 19
Approved apr 6

Applied nov 19
Approved apr 6
I'm almost inclined to believe that you didn't apply for an extension, but then again someone from here applied on November 18th and got processed on April 4th I think. So, you applied for PGWP on implied status of your study permit extension too?

yooo987

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
BC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-06-2020
AOR Received.
23-11-2020
Hey bro you got your approval or still waiting...
I just got my approval today, it shows that my document is valid and it was approved. but the expiry date doesn't looks right which expired 1 month earlier than i expected. So looks like I'll have more works to do.

y46shi

Feb 22, 2017
I'm almost inclined to believe that you didn't apply for an extension, but then again someone from here applied on November 18th and got processed on April 4th I think. So, you applied for PGWP on implied status of your study permit extension too?
yes
previous study permit expired on dec 31
pgwp applied jan 28

y46shi

Feb 22, 2017
Maybe because I only applied an four month extension to apr 30, but I got one month more than I expected.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
yes
previous study permit expired on dec 31
pgwp applied jan 28
Did you mention in your PGWP app that you were on implied status and waiting for a study permit extension? Did you work after applying for the PGWP - before the extension was approved?

y46shi

Feb 22, 2017
Did you mention in your PGWP app that you were on implied status and waiting for a study permit extension? Did you work after applying for the PGWP - before the extension was approved?
I did not work. What's wrong? Who said implied status can't apply pgwp....

Reactions: kloppity

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
100000% sure
Congratulations to you! I didn't mean to doubt you, yours was just too much of an anomaly. Interestingly, everyone on this forum who applied within that time frame hasn't gotten any updates on their applications regardless of how long they applied to extend for.

It is so hard to figure out why certain applications are selected over others. That just throws all our theory's out the window.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I did not work. What's wrong? Who said implied status can't apply pgwp....
Not "said" per se, but it is/was frowned against up till recently. Obviously, no one wants to go through those three months not being able to work for starters.