+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello, I submitted an online application to extend my study permit on September 20th. Initially the processing time was 39 days approximately and now it is more than 70. They haven't reviewed my eligibility.
Did anyone apply within the same time and got their extension, or at least the eligibility pass?
Hi did you received any updates from IRCC ? because I applied on 24 September , still waiting .

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey, did you call them or mail? Did they provide you any explanation for this?
I called them many times , but they are just saying your application is open and in processing . They gave me little cue that because of your past application they are confused and that is the reason your application process is delay .After that I sent supporting documents and letter of explanation through web form.

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello, I submitted an online application to extend my study permit on September 20th. Initially the processing time was 39 days approximately and now it is more than 70. They haven't reviewed my eligibility.
Did anyone apply within the same time and got their extension, or at least the eligibility pass?
did you received any updates from ircc?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have a question guys. Do study permit extensions generally tend to get accepted in comparison to study permits? In my situation, I will be applying to a program (not significantly) different to my prior program although I do have an explanation. I am worried if the permit is rejected that I would have to defer till next May (No Jan intake). This would not qualify me for 3year pgwp

different institution btw
from post grad cert -> masters

Chintan212

Jan 7, 2020
My study permit is about to expire in few days. I applied for renewal on November 2nd.
Can I study and work (part time) until I get it renewed?

Mickey0712

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
My study permit is about to expire in few days. I applied for renewal on November 2nd.
Can I study and work (part time) until I get it renewed?
Yes you can! You just have to follow all the do's and dont's whatever mentioned on your expired Study permit until you get a new one