+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Approvals - Feb/March applicants

rohinislm98

Jul 27, 2020
I have no idea.. I have never been asked for additional documentation. Did they ask you to submit the information using the online webform? Or did they ask you to submit the document somewhere more direct?

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what additional information did they ask you to submit? I am asking because we are in a similar situation. My study permit extension is currently under "Review of Eligibility", and I already submitted a PGWP application. Thanks for any information you can provide.
Yes of course! So, they asked me to provide a letter of acceptance for my study permit extension. However, I am not going back to school, I applied for my PGWP. My study permit expired end of March and I applied for an extension in February. No response for both yet but had the review of eligibility updates for my SP extension (same as you).
So, I uploaded a letter of explanation instead of the letter of acceptance, explaining my position.
I already submitted this letter of explanation for my PGWP, but I guess SP extension officer is different and they did not read the LOE from the PGWP. So, I don't know if my application is now going to take longer. I'm so stressed... BTW, they asked to upload directly through my gckey login account not through webform.

Reactions: dillym

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Yes of course! So, they asked me to provide a letter of acceptance for my study permit extension. However, I am not going back to school, I applied for my PGWP. My study permit expired end of March and I applied for an extension in February. No response for both yet but had the review of eligibility updates for my SP extension (same as you).
So, I uploaded a letter of explanation instead of the letter of acceptance, explaining my position.
I already submitted this letter of explanation for my PGWP, but I guess SP extension officer is different and they did not read the LOE from the PGWP. So, I don't know if my application is now going to take longer. I'm so stressed... BTW, they asked to upload directly through my gckey login account not through webform.
Okay, then I think it shouldn't be too long for them to reply to your letter since they asked you to submit direct to your GCkey account :)

That makes sense btw! I think that letter should be fine given your situation.

Did you also let them know the application number for the PGWP? Only asking that because I wonder whether it could give them the opportunity to cross-check the two applications. I read somewhere on this form (I can't find the post for the life of me now) that, a few months back, someone received their PGWP + study permit extension approvals on the same day. I can only assume that this happened if the same officer worked on the person's two applications.

Let me know how it goes for you and I'll be sure to keep you updated with my situation. They're still reviewing my eligibility.

rohinislm98

Jul 27, 2020
Okay, then I think it shouldn't be too long for them to reply to your letter since they asked you to submit direct to your GCkey account :)

That makes sense btw! I think that letter should be fine given your situation.

Did you also let them know the application number for the PGWP? Only asking that because I wonder whether it could give them the opportunity to cross-check the two applications. I read somewhere on this form (I can't find the post for the life of me now) that, a few months back, someone received their PGWP + study permit extension approvals on the same day. I can only assume that this happened if the same officer worked on the person's two applications.

Let me know how it goes for you and I'll be sure to keep you updated with my situation. They're still reviewing my eligibility.
Yes, I put the application number for the WP on the letter of explanation as well. I'm abit worried as it says that it might take longer to review additional documents. I'll definitely keep you updated as well.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Yes, I put the application number for the WP on the letter of explanation as well. I'm abit worried as it says that it might take longer to review additional documents. I'll definitely keep you updated as well.
Don't worry man, these things can take some time especially since you have two applications in the system right now. Chin up, I have faith it will work out in the end for you (and me)! :)

She777

May 29, 2020
Applied early March without biometrics. Got approved this morning I think. Eligibility passed about two weeks ago. I called them a few times and I think they are just really swamped but they are processing March applications rn. Good luck guys.

Reactions: RedTree and LorLor

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Applied early March without biometrics. Got approved this morning I think. Eligibility passed about two weeks ago. I called them a few times and I think they are just really swamped but they are processing March applications rn. Good luck guys.
Great! Was this paper or online?

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Congrats! It's comforting to see things finally moving!

She777

May 29, 2020
Nice. I am still at "submitted/ we are processing your application" stage..
You can always call them and check on your status with an agent. They can see if you passed the eligibility or not since it doesn’t usually show on anywhere I think.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
My application for the study permit extension (with no biometrics) got approved today! I applied for it online in mid-March.

Last edited:
Reactions: LorLor

User1998

Aug 3, 2020
My study permit extension got approved today! Applied in mid-march with no biometrics. How long does it take to receive the study permit in the mail?