+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Approvals - Feb/March applicants

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
My application status changed to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements". I think I should receive a decision in the next few days or so. I applied from Canada in mid March, without biometrics.

Reactions: LorLor

joinha

Aug 11, 2020
My application status changed to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements". I think I should receive a decision in the next few days or so. I applied from Canada in mid March, without biometrics.
Hopefully you will get a decision soon! If they are processing March applications now, I wonder when they will start May applications.

Reactions: dillym

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
You got an email when this change happened, right?

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
You got an email when this change happened, right?
Nope. I did not receive an email. I just checked my application status on the homepage of my online profile. It stated that there was an update on my application and the change was reflected in the status of my Review of Eligibility.

Reactions: Anson815

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hopefully you will get a decision soon! If they are processing March applications now, I wonder when they will start May applications.
Guess a realistic estimate can be made when April applicants start informing people whether they've received decisions on their applications.

Reactions: joinha

Anson815

Aug 14, 2020
yes, for sure

rohinislm98

Jul 27, 2020
I was wondering if anyone who applied for study permit extension
my eligibility passed, they asked for an additional document which i uploaded last thursday itself (same day when they asked).. Not sure when they will get back to me.. do u think i would be able to get my permit extensiom by this week? do u think it would take a week for a response? I applied february 20 btw

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
my eligibility passed, they asked for an additional document which i uploaded last thursday itself (same day when they asked).. Not sure when they will get back to me.. do u think i would be able to get my permit extensiom by this week? do u think it would take a week for a response? I applied february 20 btw
I have no idea.. I have never been asked for additional documentation. Did they ask you to submit the information using the online webform? Or did they ask you to submit the document somewhere more direct?

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what additional information did they ask you to submit? I am asking because we are in a similar situation. My study permit extension is currently under "Review of Eligibility", and I already submitted a PGWP application. Thanks for any information you can provide.