+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension and PGWP

alfredokijr

Jul 28, 2022
I think you are not getting my point
My study permit expired Sep30 i applied for extension 2 months prior(Aug3) but not even a single update on that , but i graduated last week and already applied for PGWP
So technically when I applied for pgwp last week my old study permit was expired even tho my extension was in process
So you think i still can work full time???

Thank you for your info in advance
Hi! How did it go for you? My sister's study permit extension is also in progress (she applied more than 2 months ago) and in a few weeks time, she'd be getting the completion confirmation from the school.

Reactions: jjj123545

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Hi! How did it go for you? My sister's study permit extension is also in progress (she applied more than 2 months ago) and in a few weeks time, she'd be getting the completion confirmation from the school.
Hey i got my pgwp and sp extension approved together and spe took over 8 months and pgwp 4 months but both got approved same day

ronisds

Sep 21, 2022
Check your inbox I replied to you
I think this is wrong. I asked the ircc twitter's page, and they answered this:
"In order to be able to work while you wait for a decision on your PGWP, you'll need to have a valid study permit when you apply for a PGWP. You would not be able to work if your study permit is approved after you apply for your PGWP."

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
I think this is wrong. I asked the ircc twitter's page, and they answered this:
"In order to be able to work while you wait for a decision on your PGWP, you'll need to have a valid study permit when you apply for a PGWP. You would not be able to work if your study permit is approved after you apply for your PGWP."
I got the same reply from twitter and ircc customer service agent but i talked to the officer through the webform he replied i can work as long as i had implied status(out of status is different story tho)
So i did worked full time and i got my applications approved, Remember ircc twitter page and calls are handled by agents not the visa officers!

ronisds

Sep 21, 2022
I got the same reply from twitter and ircc customer service agent but i talked to the officer through the webform he replied i can work as long as i had implied status(out of status is different story tho)
So i did worked full time and i got my applications approved, Remember ircc twitter page and calls are handled by agents not the visa officers!
This makes sense. But do you think that maybe the officer that replied to your webform could have thought that you were under implied status because of your pgwp application (i.e., work permit implied status), instead of your correct implied status (study permit implied status)? Or did you explained the full situation to him?

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
This makes sense. But do you think that maybe the officer that replied to your webform could have thought that you were under implied status because of your pgwp application (i.e., work permit implied status), instead of your correct implied status (study permit implied status)? Or did you explained the full situation to him?
I did explained my situation very well to the officer and he was very understanding