+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension and PGWP

Hetwee27

Apr 27, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am in a very confused situation right now. My study permit expires on 30th April and I applied for study permit extension in March as my graduation letters and transcripts were going to be uploaded by May. However, I received all my documents from college yesterday so can I apply for PGWP while my study permit extension is still under process?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am in a very confused situation right now. My study permit expires on 30th April and I applied for study permit extension in March as my graduation letters and transcripts were going to be uploaded by May. However, I received all my documents from college yesterday so can I apply for PGWP while my study permit extension is still under process?
I dont see any confusion, you can apply for pgwp and raise webform withdrawing your extension with reason. I dont think you need SP extension any more

Hetwee27

Apr 27, 2021
Hey, so i can apply for pgwp right? Even if my study permit extension application is in process?

thank you in advance

Hetwee27

Apr 27, 2021
Is it mandatory to withdraw that application? As even if it comes aftr a month i can have new updated sin number for my job

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Is it mandatory to withdraw that application? As even if it comes aftr a month i can have new updated sin number for my job
Its good to have that in proper order. Its wise to withdraw, at least you relief VO from time to process something you no longer need

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW DID THAT WENT?
AM IN THE SAME BOAT AND AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!
my study permit extension still in process but i already applied for pgwp
what to do? can i work full time now?

Hetwee27

Apr 27, 2021
Hi…I applied for work permit while my study permit extension file was in process. I applied before my study permit expired and got my pgwp in 15 days. Later after a month I recieved my study permit extension approved as well. I did not withdraw any application.

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW DID THAT WENT?
AM IN THE SAME BOAT AND AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!
my study permit extension still in process but i already applied for pgwp
what to do? can i work full time now?

Hetwee27

Apr 27, 2021
Hi…I applied for work permit while my study permit extension file was in process. I applied before my study permit expired and got my pgwp in 15 days. Later after a month I recieved my study permit extension approved as well. I did not withdraw any application. And if u applied for pgwp before your study permit expired den yes, you can work full time.

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Hi…I applied for work permit while my study permit extension file was in process. I applied before my study permit expired and got my pgwp in 15 days. Later after a month I recieved my study permit extension approved as well. I did not withdraw any application.
did you work those 15 days? am so confused that i am legally able to work???? or wait till pgwp final decision?
my pgwp application and study permit extension application both are in processing

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
And you think coz my study permit extension in process they gonna approve my pgwp soon? Or i have to wait for 109 days as it says in website?
Thank you for your info much appreciated and means alot to me

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
I think you are not getting my point
My study permit expired Sep30 i applied for extension 2 months prior(Aug3) but not even a single update on that , but i graduated last week and already applied for PGWP
So technically when I applied for pgwp last week my old study permit was expired even tho my extension was in process
So you think i still can work full time???

Thank you for your info in advance