+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension and open work permit to my spouse

Mariken00

Oct 3, 2018
Update on our online applications sent on July 20th. NO UPDATES: We have sent the web form 3 times, they put a note on our application to make it "High Priority", this was 1 month ago. I have been calling the CIC every week and they say there's nothing to do but to wait, that our applications are in Edmonton office and they have no way to know what's happening over there, they can only put notes and check the status, but nothing else.

Although we are still under implied status, our SIN numbers remain expired, and we cannot leave the country. Business trips and conferences need to be canceled, we can't make plans to go visit our families who live overseas, and with an expired SIN number the banks and insurance companies can bring us trouble. Life can't move forward for too long with an implied status and they don't understand this.

My theory is that our type of application is in the lowest priority right now because of the benefit of the implied status is not as big as an application for refugees or permanent resident cards.

The CIC has been extremely insensitive with this matter and it's not our fault they don't have enough manpower to process the applications. Holidays are coming and I suspect a lot of applications will remain on hold until next year because the offices will be closed.

Maybe this won't help much but you can refer to their own Service Standards page at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards/study-permit-canada.html

"RCC’s goal is to process applications submitted in Canada for a study permit submitted in Canada within 4 months. This includes new permits and extensions. "

kranthi23

Sep 27, 2018
Guys, Finally got approval for my study permit extension and open work permit for my spouse. Applied on 08 July 2018 and got the approval on 30 October 2018. All the best.

Reactions: Vessela

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
Hi Guys. I have got an approval of study permit extension today after long waiting. I have applied on July19th. Still waiting for my wife`s OWP extension to be approved. I think you will get yours very soon.

Marvin94

Dec 7, 2018
Glad you got your permits!

Still no news for us, we applied on July 20th.
Hey I jus wanted to know, how long did it take for you guys to receive
Guys, Finally got approval for my study permit extension and open work permit for my spouse. Applied on 08 July 2018 and got the approval on 30 October 2018. All the best.
Hey I just wanted to know, how long did it take your wife's OWP to come in the mail?

aakap

Dec 7, 2018
Hi All

My husband is in Canada and I applied for my SOWP on Aug 3rd. No update yet.
I had gone for upfront medical and it shows that I passed that. I too suspect a hold on applications due to upcoming holidays.

Mrajan

Dec 6, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Actually I am new to the forum and I need few clarification on my Extension of my OWP.

I am here in Canada on my wife study permit. But the study permit expired and she has applied for her work permit it has been approved she received it last week. And we have applied for my extension before our permit getting expired.

And we had applied with my wife's UCI number and letter of employment. This is my whole case my question is CIC says we need to upload three pay slip. But my wife's employer does not run pay roll it is a fundraising charity based company. And they said we pay through cheque.

Can I upload the bank statement of my spouse as a proof of the salary instead of pay stub. Does it work and has any one ever done. Please help.please somebody.

Thank you,
Michael

aakap

Dec 7, 2018
Not an expert here, however if you do not have paystubs, you can have this documented from your company on their letterhead and can submit the bank statements.
Or you can have the company mention your last 3 salaries on their letter head which you can submit along with the bank statement.

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Hello guys, we applied for student visa extension for me and open work permit for my wife on Sep 30,2018, we are still waiting for the approval. Its been more than 2 months and no response yet. We are on implied status and been so difficult at this situation. Please keep e posted with your timelines. Thanks!

rashisingh223

Dec 19, 2018
Hello guys, we applied for student visa extension for me and open work permit for my wife on Sep 30,2018, we are still waiting for the approval. Its been more than 2 months and no response yet. We are on implied status and been so difficult at this situation. Please keep e posted with your timelines. Thanks!
Hi, did you get approval for your extension?