+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension and open work permit to my spouse

kranthi23

Sep 27, 2018
Hello,

I am currently in Canada and applied for study permit extension and open work permit for my spouse on 08 July 2018. It's almost 3 months now and I haven't received any update from CIC. I called to customer care but they said to just wait. Any one applied around July 8th 2018 and received any update? Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Kranthi.

niah

Mar 14, 2018
Hello

I am also in a renewal process for my work permit and my wife open work permit. I have registered my application on the 6th of july and no answer for the moment. What about you

Mariken00

Oct 3, 2018
We applied on July 20, no answer, we are having troubles with my employer, school, medical insurance, etc, because we do not have a valid SIN and we cannot exit the country because we will lose our status :( I have to go see my family and may be forced to cancel, I am truly desperate.....

niah

Mar 14, 2018
It seems that you have are under the implied status. When your permit will expire

kranthi23

Sep 27, 2018
Hello

I am also in a renewal process for my work permit and my wife open work permit. I have registered my application on the 6th of july and no answer for the moment. What about you

Still waiting for the approval..No updates yet.. Please let me know if once you get the approval.

Nav9191

Apr 20, 2018
Hello,

I am currently in Canada and applied for study permit extension and open work permit for my spouse on 08 July 2018. It's almost 3 months now and I haven't received any update from CIC. I called to customer care but they said to just wait. Any one applied around July 8th 2018 and received any update? Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Kranthi.

Hi,
They have extended the processing time to 17 weeks for open work permit.
So, there’s still one month & 1 week left.

Helberth

Oct 11, 2018
Hi,

I am also in a renewal process for my workpermit and my wife study permit. I have registered my application on the 10th of july and no answer for the moment.

Reactions: rashisingh223

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
It seems that it takes longer than what they say on the website. Especially for people who applied around June and July.

Is your spouse OWP application inland or not? Where will it get processed?

I applied inland at the end of July and received approvsl st the beginning of October. Again, this is inland snd was supposed to be much faster but it wasn't.

kranthi23

Sep 27, 2018
Hi,

I am also in a renewal process for my workpermit and my wife study permit. I have registered my application on the 10th of july and no answer for the moment.
Hi, Any update on your work permit and your wife study permit. I am still waiting for updates on my application which was submitted on 8 July 2018 from Quebec, Canada.

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
Hi Guys, any update on your applications. I have applied on July19th for SP extension and OWP extension of my wife. Still no updates.

kranthi23

Sep 27, 2018
Hi Guys, any update on your applications. I have applied on July19th for SP extension and OWP extension of my wife. Still no updates.

I have applied on 8th July for SP extension and OWP for my spouse from Quebec, Canada. Till now no response. Thinking to go directly to Ottawa immigration office and ask for updates. But no idea, how extent it will work... Any idea..?

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
I have applied on 8th July for SP extension and OWP for my spouse from Quebec, Canada. Till now no response. Thinking to go directly to Ottawa immigration office and ask for updates. But no idea, how extent it will work... Any idea..?
Did you submit online or paper application?

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
Online Application..
Yesterday I have called cic and they say that they will send notice to responsible officer to finalize my application. The agent has informed me that I should have got an update or final decision by now. I suggest you to call them.

kranthi23

Sep 27, 2018
Yesterday I have called cic and they say that they will send notice to responsible officer to finalize my application. The agent has informed me that I should have got an update or final decision by now. I suggest you to call them.
Humm.. I called indefinite times.They said they sent memo to the officer saying that the processing time completed for my application and review on priority.Its been 20 days I called to them. But still I haven't received any updates. .Let's see..